I don't associate with Nazis

budcat

Lots of symbols should be banned for atrocities committed by those groups.

Shall we start with pretty much every religious symbol ever concocted, then? A few football club badges perhaps? The coat of arms for every country? The flag of every country? Mmmmhmmm.

This is pretty much a blanket thumbs up to all forms of hate speech. I'm having an idea for an EPIC troll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty much a blanket thumbs up to all forms of hate speech. I'm having an idea for an EPIC troll.

I think I rolled my eyes at least 3 times. By all means please explain your reasoning.

I promised myself I wouldn't reply... But I can't resist.

My next mod is going to be a new land mod. I've decided to call the new land "Nigg." The inhabitants of this new land will be called... I'm sure you can guess. Any similarity to a certain racial slur is entirely unintentional and completely innocent. You see, it simply stems from the original meaning of the latin word negro and is meant to convey the darkness of the land.

Of course I would never make such a mod. It is completely unacceptable, and the Nexus should never allow it. It boggles my mind that intelligent people can fail to see that the swastika is the exact same issue. I couldn't care less what it meant hundreds of years ago. I know what it means today.

How about this? I should have the star and crescent banned on the grounds that the Ottoman empire slaughtered my family during the Armenian genocide. Yet, I bet many of you drew stars and moon crescent during your lifetime have some sort of related symbolism in your mods. I should have every person whose mods use the star and crescent symbols reported to the authorities because of the atrocities the Turks committed :dry:

The Turkish flag used to represent hatred, now it's back to being a national flag. The swastika is the same. It's different in India, it's different in many other Eastern countries...... not all of us live in the Western part of this sphere. Should we ban the symbol simply because it was used for malicious purpose in one part of the world? It's used different TODAY.

Do people routinely use the star and crescent as a symbol of hated toward your people? Do they tattoo is on themselves to show dedication to their cause of eliminating your people in the present day and age? If so, then yes, I think it should not be allowed. If no, it is not the same thing.

I think some people are naive about what this symbol means, today. Not in the 1940s. Today. Forget talking to a rabbi. Even a Catholic priest would explain to you how this symbol is in no way acceptable.

Even a Catholic priest would explain to you how this symbol is in no way acceptable.

So in your mind, the Hindus and Buddhists who still to this day tattoo this symbol to their heads are actually white supremacists? Amazing.

The problem is not in symbol, and you, the people. you are constantly are looking something to complain about.

Further continuation of the topic no lead to anything good. Not only that you are going on 4 days?

The most important thing is that if you do not distinguish the good symbol from the bad, then it's your problem, not ours.

I do not understand how you can say that you do not know.

In the Middle Ages were burned babies born with red hair. because they believed in witches. Really and today there are people like.