I don't associate with Nazis

budcat

The placement only makes it even more obvious the right thing to do in this case.

Just give up, he resorts to "rolling his eyes" instead of answering.

It's all about intent. Did the author do it on purpose to evoke nazism or not? Apparently not, in which case it can stay - but not because "everyone who complains is retarded" (which is the vibe I get from certain people in this thread) but because "it actually was an accident".

The point of symbols is to communicate meaning. If there's no meaning, the symbol is powerless. Therefore we should be discussing whether there is supposed to be meaning behind the symbol, not whether or not nazism is just fine because freeeeedom.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a certain irony here as I've already answered all of the stuff that wasn't just extreme silliness. The fact you and others continue to reference the swastika in the mod as a Nazi swastika when it's been categorically proven, with provided examples, that it isn't a Nazi swastika, simply cements the fact that this is like talking to a brick wall. It's not a Nazi symbol. It's been proven it's not a Nazi symbol. Certain individuals continue to reference it as a Nazi symbol despite having the facts handed to them. What does this say about these individuals? How can we have a valid, informed argument on the the subject of this mod when we can't even agree that the swastika involved is not a Nazi swastika despite the fact it's been proven it's not a Nazi swastika? Honestly, we can't.

There's a certain irony here as I've already answered all of the stuff that wasn't just extreme silliness. The fact you and others continue to reference the swastika in the mod as a Nazi symbol when it's been categorically proven, with provided examples, that it isn't simply cements the fact that this is like talking to a brick wall. It's not a Nazi symbol. It's been proven it's not a Nazi symbol. Certain individuals continue to reference it as a Nazi symbol. What does this say about these individuals? How can we have a valid, informed argument on the the subject of this mod when we can't even agree that the swastika involved is not a Nazi swastika despite the fact it's been proven it's not a Nazi swastika? Honestly, we can't.

I said in the part you didn't quote that it's about intent not about the symbol. :facepalm:

LP1

In this case, Pauldron armor will remain empty. when I find the right model to replace this symbol, of course I'll replace it. but at the moment I'm working and not sitting at home on the computer. Also, not all people believe that this is a Nazi symbol.

If you read what's going on in my PM, If you could change your mind.

Edited by Severus616

There is no mob mentality at work here. If anything, the mob is on the other side if this issue. I just happen to think they are wrong.

And to someone who referenced age earlier, no, I am not a twenty something. I'm not a do-gooder. I'm in the US, and I'm not even a Democrat. But I'm also not an idiot. The armor is offensive and falls on the side of hate speech. Facts: (1) It is a swastika. Perhaps not definitive on its own. I still wouldn't want to download it, but as has been pointed out, it can also be a symbol of peace. However, Fact (2): It is on armor called Daughter of War (not peace). Fact (3): It is on the the exact same spot the Nazis wore it.

I will applaud as much as everyone else if the author takes it down and posts only a version without the swastika and will finally be convinced that there was no ill-intent here.

And with that final statement I'm going to close this thread. Arguments have been made, facts have been made irrelevant, dismissed or ignored over personal opinions and belief at which point the argument switches from that of logic, to that of emotion, and it all becomes very silly and pointless. There's very little to add and a decision has been made by myself that will be respected, or actions shall be taken, as per the rules of this site everyone agreed/agrees to when using the site.