Main Menu changed to Russian

vetewe7144

I decided to try a Russian mod called Emba 5 or Morrowind's strangest mod [Micky D] - Youtube, the link to file is there. It changed the Main Menu to Russian. I don't know how that could happen as the mod contains Icons, Meshes, Music, Sound, Textures. Emba5Complete.esp contains a long list of new scripts, but I don't see how this plugin could affect the Main Menu. What script should I look for to restore Main Menu back to English or is there a mod that already does this?

Edited by vetewe7144

• 8 months later...

Found deleted which one affects the Ingame Page Start and Ingame Menu as they are still in Russian? I wonder if re-adding an English mod would restore the English UI.

What about adding English to Default_Morrowind.ini as it does not have default English in the list?

From Reddit:

Lost-Dragonist

"Morrowind.ini does have a "Language=French" in the [General] section but there are a ton of other changes."

I found Tweaked Morrowind.ini on the nexus and it too has no language slot.

I could add te language slot but what position in the list?

Edited by Farzaneh

If you remove all the files menu_...dds(21pt) and tx_menubook_...dds(18pt), the English menu pictures will be taken from the game archive.

You do not need to change anything in the Morrowind.ini file.

I had Skyrim on the brain as I have been playing it too much. I could not find the Russian files as it was lost in a forest of textures, so I restored the both menus by extracting everything 'menu' from the BSA, copy/paste it, then re-installed the UI texture pack.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Farzaneh