Pale Moon web browser, viewing Collections

skittered

As far as I can tell, Collections are not viewable using the Pale Moon web browser .. the console is coming up with a javascript error that ends with an "Oops something went wrong" page

SyntaxError: expected property name, got '&'

.. with all the various resource retrieval errors that come with broken script, including logged in status being forgotten.

A solution other than switching to a "Mainstream" browser would be appreciated.

Edited by skittered

Hi Skittered. I myself also have Pale Moon. It's an offshoot of the Older version of FireFox. Before they went and made changes to what plugins/extensions could be used with it. (FireFox)

It also has a lot less functionality than many other browsers. Including incompatibility with a lot of functions with sites that use a lot of modern web techniques.

I also do not like how CPU intensive the browser is. With more than 5 tabs open, my CPU usage starts to jump to levels that it really should not have to.

Unless you have some plugins that are specifically tailored JUST for pale moon, I myself prefer WaterFox Classic. The Classic is still built off of the older FireFox branch, but it has a lot more site functionality, regular updates, and still uses the older plugins/extensions from the older fork. It's also much more resource friendly than Pale Moon.

WaterFox is also produced by some of the same people who worked for FireFox. Who... didn't agree with the changes that FF wanted to make.

I respect your decision to want to stick with Pale Moon.

However, as a tech, and a web-addict, Ima say this: There are different tools, for different jobs. Some browsers do things better than others, and some do things that others can't or don't.

All of that said: Is this a new situation for you? Something that has just started happening? Is it something that happens with a different browser?

@1ae0bfb8

The error occurs with a clean default install, no extensions, non of the default install settings changed.

@StormWolf01

Can you view collections in Pale Moon?

Pale Moons' java script parsers are up to spec. It does not make any sense that a java script error is the fault of the browser.

Guest deleted34304850

@1ae0bfb8

The error occurs with a clean default install, no extensions, non of the default install settings changed.

@StormWolf01

Can you view collections in Pale Moon?

Pale Moons' java script parsers are up to spec. It does not make any sense that a java script error is the fault of the browser.

then you have no choice but to use a browser that works.

I'm afraid Pale Moon is not a browser we provide support for - we only have a small team so we have to focus our efforts on the browsers used most by the community.

It sounds like the JS parser built into the browser is not processing the page correctly. Nexus Mods Next is built on the latest standards for JavaScript so it would make sense that is the issue. I believe Pale Moon is based on an old version of Mozilla's browser so perhaps it's not yet up to spec.

It's also possible you have some kind of addon for the browser which is breaking the page.

Guest deleted34304850

@1ae0bfb8

so coding insecurities do not concern you?

no, the contrary. pale moon isnt as robust or as secure as the more mainstream browsers. thats emprical. as ever with these edge case forked browsers they simply dont have the bandwidth to cater for the ever changing security landscape.

but what do i know, i only do this for a living........