New mod author comment moderation features and updated terms of servic

Dark0ne

In response to post #10262139. #10262310, #10262477, #10262561, #10263581, #10264628, #10264822, #10267213, #10267381, #10267929, #10268397, #10268585 are all replies on the same post.

That would end up being abused like the the old thumbs up on comments system was, arsehats would up rep each other.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Quite on the contrary I have a personal example of a problem #4 would solve...

I'm not going to use this option though. I'm still turning away from the Skyrim community in disgust and haven't yet encountered anything which would make me reconsider. Reading all those self-entitled demands and offenses towards mod authors in general about 20 times a day everywhere sure isn't helping either. And for the records, most of the comments I read in here so far also added to it.

It's just me, so it doesn't matter at all to anybody but me. Still it serves as an example of a problem this option 'could' solve.

Now how again would/could/did option number four solve your problem?

...I never needed this feature but I like it. Whoever wants to consider me a dick because of that, go ahead, I don't give a sh*t...

You would only be a dick if you use the weapon but you would be a "colossal douche" if you abused it. But in my opinion, anyone who uses it is abusing it. Edited by blove

This is disturbingly lopsided to me. Yes, authors should have a lot of liberty. But this is going to far. Especially since there is no moderation of it at all whatsoever. Why are they moderating deletion of comments but not banning from mod pages. In my opinion, nefarious use of blocking users should result in instant and permanent banning of the author, regardless of popularity, status, number of files, whatever. Get rid of him. If you want this to be a community, you can't have jerks running around. Not jerk authors, not jerk users, not jerk lurkers. Period. This function will only serve to encourage less savory individuals to pirate mods and upload them to unauthorized pages, to spark a war between users and authors. In my opinion, lack of accountability for use of this tool is the primary issue. All people on this site must be equally accountable for their actions and those who have more power must have more accountability, not less.

Arthmoor, I respect you. You have a lot of skill and are generally very patient. But please, explain what benefit is gained by this? If you can cut all ties of communication, posts and pms, why do you need to block access? If you wish to justify the use of this, it must have benefits to outweigh the obvious consequences of misuse by others. And at present I see none. Your argument about rights is incorrect in this area. Rights are worth defending because they serve a purpose, because there is an ethical or logical benefit to their existence that balances out the risk of them being abused. So if this is to be a justified feature, a completely un-moderated one at that, there must be a benefit peculiar to its use, that isn't achieved any other way. Edited by Nuvendile

In response to post #10267393. #10268372, #10270400 are all replies on the same post.

Your statements here are true. However, what has to be decided here is do we want Nexus to be a community? If you want a community, you have to have unity. You have to have accountability. Yes, everyone has a right to be a dick. But right now, Authors have the right to be a dick and get away with it. Users don't. Saying you can't moderate dickery is absurd. We do it all the time. It has to be done if you are to have a community. If you want Nexus to be more than a gigantic 4shared-esque site with comments, you must have mod moderation of all features and all actions. Now if a giant file sharing site with comments seems fine to you, then fine. Me, I would hope Nexus could strive for something more. For something better. Edited by Nuvendile