Registration issues today (hopefully) fixed

Dark0ne

Naturally when problems occur on the Nexus they don’t occur at 9.30am just as we’ve showered, eaten and gotten to our desks. They always occur at 1am just as we’ve gone to bed, leaving a good 8 hours before we know there’s anything wrong.

In true Nexus fashion we hit a rather comical problem in the early hours of this morning whereby we’d reached the maximum number of registered accounts as set by the forum software we use, Invision Board. I’d never thought to check up on whether there was a maximum because, well, why would there be? Oops. So for most of the day our registrations have been either broken, spewing out some ambiguous database error (of course, rather than saying we’d reached the maximum it simply gave a generic error), or deliberately taken offline by us so we could sort it out.

We think we’ve sorted it now. It required a lot of altering of some rather huge database tables, hence why you might have witnessed a few slowdowns or 500/504 errors today, but we should be back on track now.

If you’re one of those people who registered between the hours of 12am and 12pm today please check if the details you registered with work. If they don’t then I’m afraid the only fix will be to make a new account. If you’re one of those users who paid to become a Premium Member as you were registering during that time then please, please get in contact with me via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the site so I can sort it out for you.

Edit: I had an unrelated issue, and it's now solved.

I just red this! I don't know if this is somehow related to my problem, probably it has nothing to do with it, but I can't log in my premiumship account right after a password change.
I opened a support ticket about this issue, I hope you have the time to give it a look asap!

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day.

That darn Murphy can strike at any time...

I've still yet to find a system engineer that is happy to be woken up at 2am to fix something...

I dont know if its related to this, but I havent been able to acess download pages inside the mod´s pages. You know those tabs where you cycle to description, pictures, downloads etc? I cant acess them. I just click and nothing changes.

Doesnt know if its just me or some other people have been sufering that. It was working yesterday.

Hi i don't know if this is related or not but i didn't want to start a new thread just for this so i figured i'll post it here instead i have been trying to download a few mods i get to the part where i pick a mirror and i get this message after selecting one

Service Unavailable.

Technical description:

504 Gateway Time-out - The web server is not responding

Now i tried several diffrent mirrors and get the same thing and i have 4G internet connection here at my residence with a great signal so i know is not on my end. I just figured i bring this to you attention. Is no big deal i'll try again later on. Cheers and thank you for providing us this great website.

Respectfully Logik729....

In response to post #10351663. #10351695 is also a reply to the same post.

I had to switch from Chrome to Firefox. Downloads are working for me now. I don't know what has changed in Chrome that they wouldn't work for me, but if you are using Chrome, try switching to another browser. Edited by K00L