Fallout 3 crashes when i try to save

1LTWinters

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bump such an old topic...

I have the U.S. version of fallout, installed some awesome mods recently like FOOK, EVE, WMK, MMM etc, and became plagued with crashes when trying to save. I have constantly had animation glitches and broken scripts before installing these mods as well. I use FOMM and FOSE. Latest version.

SO, what I did was run the G.E.C.K, load fallout3 master file, and ran 'recompile all scripts'. Then I saved it as a new file and made it to load after the main fallout 3 file in FOMM.

Next I downloaded FO3Edit, made a copy of the file and renamed it FO3MasterUpdate.exe, then put it back with FO3Edit. I also made one called FO3MasterRestore.exe. Do not put this in your DATA folder, it will mess you up big time. Then I ran FO3MasterUpdate.exe and I read the bottom result and fixed a couple errors it gave me.

Ran the game and everything is pretty much working perfectly. Played for hours no problem on the first run. I also had no more animation glitches and scripts seemed to work fine. Hope this helps some of you having the same problems, following these steps does work. As an extra, I was also able to turn my details way up without crashes again finally. :)

-RakZ

• 1 year later...
Try to uncheck one mod at a time then if you found out what mod makes the crash then, well stop using it. Or just uninstall everything (geck, fomm, and fose/nvse,) and install it again, it may just reset the load order. I do that every time i experience this kind of crash. And then again you can just update your game on a new patch.

• 6 years later...

So this is an old forum post huh? I'm having the same issue, I have the Steam version of Fallout 3 GotY Edition, I have 59 active plugins and 30 active mods. I'd just like an easy to understand summary on how to fix this problem before I decide to do something stupid like eat my screen, or something.

So this is an old forum post huh? I'm having the same issue, I have the Steam version of Fallout 3 GotY Edition, I have 59 active plugins and 30 active mods. I'd just like an easy to understand summary on how to fix this problem before I decide to do something stupid like eat my screen, or something.

Please see the Terms and Policies (link at the top of this page) regarding opening old threads. You are not new here and should know better.

Please see "How to ask for help": http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/How_to_ask_for_help