The Pinnacle of Lameness...

Dark0ne

...when you get back from your holiday to find the World of Warcraft signup and billing system is down, and will be for an unknown period of time, because it couldn't handle the number of European signups.

Blizzard = F*cktards.

They've limited the Euro launch to 600,000 accounts -- only 600,000 game CDs have been shipped throughout Europe..so they know the maximum number of people who will be signing up today, and yet they still can't create a system that works, even after the American and Asian launches several months prior.

I really feel like going back to America and smashing in some f*ckwitted tw*theads at Blizzard.

[/rant]

[Joins Dark0ne in ranting and brings out a bat for the security guards at Blizzard Studios]

"Get out of my way I'm here to show these S**theads how to respect Europeans."

P.S. I may live in America but i was born in London.

WHA!? What's this Dark0ne? Finally weakened have we? :grin: What happened to your previous commentary about it being lame? :tongue2:

And yes. Blizzard are absolutely ruddy hopeless at running WoW. Seriously. I've been putting up with it for over 2 months now... they drive me nuts. I've never known anyone as pathetically incompetent as they are at running a MMORPG. I've never known so many problems in such a short space of time...

Still, it's a great game so they manage to hold on to the majority of players. :tongue2:

WoW < EQ2 in a number of ways, but it's still good to have a change. I'll be back on EQ2 within the month I expect.

This Tauren location is the worst one I've been in -- I much preferred Alliance territory...

*Goes off daydreaming about swimming around Loch Modan*

I hear all these complaints about WoW, and I admit that there have been some bugs That I have experienced, But I've had a relatively good experience with the game.

In fact, I've only had one 8 hour period where my server has been down out of the entire time i've played the game, And I'm lvl 34. (By the way, my server is Llane.)

-To Dark0ne: Dont worry, its very easy to catch up with people higher leveled then you. Though I imagine youl just be going back to EQ2 anyway...

OT: Meh. I played the beta of WOW, and wasn't particularly impressed. I simply don't like most MMORPGs. I feel that to pay per month is ridiculous [although I realize that it is necessary.] I fail to see a point in these games, other than leveling your character.

Plus, you are initially thrown uneducated into a massive world. There are thousands of options available to you, and you have no idea what to do. WOW improved on this significantly, but there are still too many things that are left unexplained.

Which is why I am looking forward to Guild Wars. This game costs nothing [per month] to play, and is not as "diverse" [you can't become your own specialized lobster-cook]; but this makes it better in so many ways. First, there is a story. From what I've played, an involving one at that [for an MMORPG.] The graphics are impressive, and the game is just fun and simple to play.

On-Topic: I don't know if it's changed, but when I was playing, the servers were unbelievably slow. It normally took about 30 seconds for simple things such as looting to register, sometimes longer. With so many kill-and-fetch quests, Blizzard [hopefully] has fixed this. When you need to kill a monster, it'd appear alive, but be dead by the time you attacked it.

Other than lag, I experienced few bugs. I wouldn't expect Blizzard to be able to competently support a persistent online world [game], but with the massive user base, it seems they've been able to do so.

Yeah... try playing on one of the closed-beta servers. We get hit with 6-hour down time every other week, and constant half-hour emergency shut downs.

Oh, and Slaiv- that was a serious problem during the betas, to the point where once you stopped lagging you would be dead on the other side of the continent, but release has drastically improved lag. The longest lag time I've had so far was probably around 15 seconds.