Palemoon web browser, viewing Collections

skittered

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at https://floor.pbxai.com/?pubxId=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx&page=https://next.nexusmods.com/fallout3/collections&maxBid=null&bidDep=null&aucId=null
(Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing).

Pale Moon v31.4.0 (2022-11-22)
CORS support has been updated to the current spec. **
Most importantly, Pale Moon now accepts wildcard entries ("*") for the CORS statements Access-Control-Expose-Headers,
Access-Control-Allow-Headers and Access-Control-Allow-Method. Note that wildcards are ignored (according to the spec) when credentials are passed.

In 31.4.0, CORS has become stricter to adhere more closely to the CORS standard. **

--- If they are using CORS mode and want to pass credentials, the server has to send an access-control-allow-credentials header.

.. Is there any easy solution to access this page until they will solve it?

--- I'm afraid not. There's no mechanism to easily bypass CORS/SOP deliberately

** wondering who to blame for this

Edited by skittered

wonder what would have happened if i had specified i was using chrome and came across this issue while perusing the console log .. and was concerned because it's a security issue that chrome is apparently not concerned with.

Edited by skittered

Guest deleted34304850

wonder what would have happened if i had specified i was using chrome and came across this issue while perusing the console log .. and was concerned because it's a security issue that chrome is apparently not concerned with.

nothing, as that would be a lie.

Guest deleted34304850

no, the take is you're using a browser that isn't supported, and, as much as you won't believe this, isn't as secure as you think it is.

palemoon is hot garbage.

get a more popular, better supported browser and protect yourself.

or don't.

CORS isn't something you (as the user) need to worry about. If Palemoon is bringing it to your attention directly then that's not a good user experience. However, if you're just poking about in the console please keep in mind that it's a developer console that shows messages relevant to developers. The average user doesn't need to use those tools.