[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

Oh for heavens' sake call me a twit someone!!!

There I was effing and blinding that NMM wasn't working, forcing me to use the onerous path of downloading then installing mods, then I read this. Downloaded v4.6 (had to search for it - http://www.nexusmods.com/games/mods/modmanager/? obvious or what?) and it all seems to work!

Apologies for any psychic dark clouds I may have sent the DevTeam's way; I now think they are wonderful and I want to have their babies.

And I'm a twit.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #10472053. #10472170 is also a reply to the same post.

Tried that before I posted. :P Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I haven't actually installed them yet, so I'm wondering if (like some other people are getting), the files are possibly not complete due to the chaos of the last few days, and might explain why the mod info isn't updating.

In response to post #10472053. #10472170, #10479822 are all replies on the same post.

Nope it's just that the server is not sending the info.
The check for mod updates could fail to retrieve them, but the "get missing mod info" should never fail, so make sure you try that, and let me know what happens.

I know there are some frustrations out there, but I think most everyone in this community is painfully aware how aggravating it can be to work with technology, even when you really know what you're doing.

You've done a great job keeping us in the loop with honest updates, so don't feel like the tail is wagging the dog or some other inapt analogy. It'll be okay even if it isn't because you guys are doing a better job with your customers than just about anyone I've dealt with in recent memory.

Thank you for that.

Hey wanted to report a small but annoying bug:

When pressing "Download with NMM" either on the FILES section of any mod, or on the shortcut on the upper right side of the screen - the following happens:

1) You get an on-screen pop-up message from NMM, saying: an error as occur....another instance of NMM is already active..

2) The mod will start downloading in NMM (in the background) regardless of the error pop-up.

Which leads me to believe that when you click the green button of Download w/ NMM - the website send two signals to NMM - As if you clicked it TWICE! (basically as if tried to download the same thing twice).

This issue is small, but worth fixing.

Thanks for the update on the 0.50 build. I have been using it for a while. Although it's not perfect, I didn't want to lose the added functionality it provides. I have been playing other games while all this was going on, so none of it really affected me. Just want to say that I really appreciate everything this site does to enhance the entertainment value of every entertainment dollar I spend. I love the Nexus and if it didn't exist someone would need to invent it. Remember, the reward for good work is more work. Good job.

Great job and most appreciated as usual. Just a note that the site is running as smooth as glass, and on a Sunday morning when I often experienced lags before, it is zipping right along. Super and thanks again for all you do.

NMM works as intended (0.46) so far, thanks for the ongoing work and thumbs up.

What I really don't like is being notified about other tracked mods, while I am in the Skyrim Nexus for instance. Currently I'm tracking, well, I dunno, like a 350 mods...?

Skyrim, Morrowind, New Vegas, Fallout3. I liked it far better like it was - being notified when I get to the game's Nexus. Now I see 10 mods having updates (via the 'notifications' icon) and well, I don't always know for which games these were. I my opinion, centralization is not always the best solution. I do play just one game at a time, sadly :) But I guess I'll have to live with it and as long as you don't centralize the file tracking centre, everything will be good. Cheers!

well, my current 2 cents: the speed has been greatly increased, it runs as smooth as it could... buuuut....

theres still the thing about manual downloads not registering correctly (makes endorsing files impossible). tried again on the potadagger (attempt number.. uhm... 6 or so now this weekend). i downloaded manually, the 15 minutes pass, and it says i cant endorse because i didnt download the file.