[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience is a virtue. Being unable to log in a few days ago and did some of the usual blind user scrambling around found you were working on it. Because I could still play games, I parked my expectations knowing you guys would work day and nite on the solution. An lo and behold, downloaded the update patch and all is back to normal (login, download and install mods). The fix works quite well.

I know we keep calling it a beta, but given the wide ranging functionality that has worked for so long it's hard to consider it so anymore. Still that may be the source of the vapid emails railing on the loss of a small portion of what NMM does for us. Kick those clowns to the curb Dark0ne. They are too lazy to realize they have an alternative for doing what needs to be done and in no way actually affected their ability to play the games that NMM supports.

But I am curious... When are you going to add support for that new game you've been playing for the last week, "Technology Whack-A-Mole". You know, that puzzle game with thousands of stupid surprises and which you can only win by achieving maximum frustration?

:)

Edited by sangimpur

At this time I'm unsure if we'll ever open up legacy support for the previous versions again. It's presenting serious issues and while we like providing legacy support for people who, for whatever reason, don't want to update NMM to new versions,

WELP there went any chance I'll ever use NMM. I already didn't want to use it, I've always thought FOMM an unquestionably better way to manage load orders, but this is just the final nail in the coffin for me.

You should really ignore the entitlement/whiner group! Nothing will satisfy them except getting their free stuff! Just concentrate on getting the NMM fixed and ignore them. I know I speak for many of us who appreciate all that you guys are doing! I'm sure you would rather spend your holidays doing something other than this! It's amazing how a little inconvenience brings out the worst in people.

In response to post #10480988.

Where did you find the update for the 0.50 build ?, I have been looking but it seems to be lost within all the whining going on. Any help will be rewarded in Septims :)

edit: Ok I re-read the main post, and it looks like Monday for us , here is one Septim for your trouble good person (clink) Edited by Fallhammer

Updating question:

Sorry if my question sounds silly but I've always updated NMM using the update button in the manager itself so I'm not sure what to do now that I can't log in with my NMM version.

I'm still using NMM 0.45.6. with over 200 mods on it and a carefully handcrafted load order, I don't want to lose this especially since my over 700 hours savegames require this specific load order. What'll happen if I download 0.46 directly from the Install NMM page? Will it upgrade my 0.45.6 version and preserve my load order or will it create a second install of NMM on my machine?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me directions :).

In response to post #10483544. #10483802 is also a reply to the same post.

Yes if you download from the NMM link and double click it will install over your old version and won't corrupt, I just did this yesterday and all went well. Then you can input your sign in info with NMM and it will log in as it should ( the earlier versions will not let you log in )... hope that helped some.. :)

edit... :) @ laamanaator I just saw your comment too... Edited by badkrma

In response to post #10483544. #10483791 is also a reply to the same post.

Nothing bad. I installed 0.46.0 version over 0.45.5, and the it didn't mess up with mods or load orders. It just updated it. Nothing chanced(exept the nmm version) So i don't think you should worry, it worked for me just fine.
I you decide to put a different installation folder to the installer, it will probably install another copy of nmm.
edit. badkrma told it a few seconds earlier. :) Edited by laamanaator