[Updated] New NMM version out, help us out and update to it (also, X R

Dark0ne

Since NMM has been broke for well over 2 weeks now, I'm just wondering how many more weeks or perhaps months will we have to go on like this? I rarely use the Steam Workshop to install mods, but it's looking more and more likely that if I want to install further Skyrim mods, I will have to go that route. Please someone throw us (the community) a bone and give us some sort of a rough timeline.

Thanks, Defender

Please throw US a bone and tell us how it's "broke". And please tell me you've updated to 0.46.0.

You should ask them if they correctly updated to 0.46.0 by following the instructions. :)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to wipe out my computer and reinstall everything. But now NMM (yes, the newest version) keeps downloading files in the unassigned area. Everything is unassigned. I am not even sure if things are being downloaded correctly, and their names are going all wonky. I do not think I messed this up, and with my hard drive problems I was not able to make a backup of my data folder to check.

I updated to 0.46.0 and was able to log-in immediately. Some of you fellow Nexus members may be afraid to update for fear of your NMM losing track of mods and/or not updating properly. Let me assure you that the update worked flawlessly for me. All of my mods translated over and I was able to reload my last save in Skyrim with no problems. And bear in mind that I have the absolute worst luck with software whether installing or updating.

Now, once in awhile (over that last few days) when I activate my NMM, it fails to log-in with the "cannot reach server" error. But re-starting NMM fixes this (usually on the very next try.) This is the only problem I've run into since updating. The site responds snappily, the downloads are at a respectable speed (except when I'm unlucky enough to connect with London, what is wrong with that connection?) and I rarely suffer an error forcing a re-download of a mod.

I showed my cousin (who is an I.T.) some of the posts from Dark0ne about what they were having to do (and trying to do) to the site and he rolled his eyes and said: "Oh man, they are going through hell."

So, a HUGE "Thank You" to the Nexus Mod Manager team for ploughing through what must have been tech-hell these last few weeks to get the site back up to snuff. I can't speak for others, but I'm certain that most of us are deeply grateful for all the hard work you've put in.

When I get my tax refund in March, I'm going to upgrade to a premium membership. Not because I need it but because it is the most concrete way of thanking you all that I can think of.

i updated mod manager to 0.46 and I'm unable to log into it, all that has been suggested to me when i have asked people on this site is 'update it' but I'm running the newest version so there is no point in trying that. i started a forum to ask for help but i have had no reply as of yet. not sure what to do :(