ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Pirates Cove - Trying to revive this mod!

Tehandyman

"Uhmm I can't sticky since I switched accounts and had the moderators ban my first account, tehandyman, which is the OP of this thread lol."

How about starting a new thread solely for coordinating the mod build?

Forgot to ask before, do you intend to use any DLC content? I would prefer just vanilla Skyrim and I think it would keep things simpler. I have played all the DLCs and do not want to install them again.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I used something from a DLC for my inn but in my opinion, almost everyone should have all the DLCs by now so what's the point of creating a non-DLC version? Also, some stuff from Dragonborn might really fit it :)

I have no EMBs on but I do run A LOT of mods so maybe that's it...

The density of the buildings doesn't matter. The town is smalller than Riften + it uses less resources. Lack of population and objects. There is a couple slices of cheese lying around and 5 NPCs, most of which are missing in game for some stupid reason on my part. Maybe I should investigate the NPC side, but frame rate drop should be a non-issue TBH. It's super low impact. I think the problem lies in texture modifications.

For example, I install a skyrim mod that changes all the major holds textures...I turned off the mod, but the textures are still there... I need to replace them because of two reasons. 1. The texures repeat in an ugly way, 2. they kill my graphics card, everything lags like f'ing crazy when I try to look at anything. So that's bullsh!t. I'll sacrifice the look for the old holds, because I can't f'ing move without feeling like I'm 90+ years old.

My mod has zero impact on performance I guarantee that.

I don't believe DLC should have an impact on this mod. I finally bought the DLC just a week ago and I don't notice much of a change. The game is fun again because I have new things to do and explore, but it shouldn't affect anything I've done before... The first thing I've noticed is Bethbugda has failed to realize a few major important things once again. The atmosphere in Raven's Rock f'ing sucks. Not enough people, even though it's desolate, it feels like Vanilla Whiterun. Where the screwhole are the miners who couldn't get out, why isn't there a place on the boat for me to place storage, cause Kynareth knows I can't hold it all or sell it to the local vendors. Holy Talos what the crab horker am I suppose to do..?! I'm ready to mod my own chest in the middle of the town because it's so ridiculous. Super stupid gaming in my own humble opinion, but to get to the point:

LET'S HAVE A PIRATE TOWN with ships we can deploy and add storage to. Then this storage problem would go away.

On a further note: DLC adds stuff to the game, but it doesn't truly add to the Skyrim experience in a way that most hardcore Skyrim players have enjoyed. I mean, try asking someone in Solitude if they want to eat an Ash Yam. They response will prolly be something like, "I'm an imperial, do I appear to be covered in horse dung and expired nightshade? Feed that Ash compost to someone in Riften." LOLOLOLOL

I have no EMBs on but I do run A LOT of mods so maybe that's it...

The density of the buildings doesn't matter. The town is smalller than Riften + it uses less resources. Lack of population and objects. There is a couple slices of cheese lying around and 5 NPCs, most of which are missing in game for some stupid reason on my part. Maybe I should investigate the NPC side, but frame rate drop should be a non-issue TBH. It's super low impact. I think the problem lies in texture modifications.

For example, I install a skyrim mod that changes all the major holds textures...I turned off the mod, but the textures are still there... I need to replace them because of two reasons. 1. The texures repeat in an ugly way, 2. they kill my graphics card, everything lags like f'ing crazy when I try to look at anything. So that's bullsh!t. I'll sacrifice the look for the old holds, because I can't f'ing move without feeling like I'm 90+ years old.

My mod has zero impact on performance I guarantee that.

Hey, dude, I wasn't having a go at your mod, I simply said I had heaps on so that may be the performance drop. I have ZERO texture packs on for building and yet I get this drop when I fast travel to the cove... No idea what's causing it but I know the plug-in started it... But then again, the character I was playing on got bugged so perhaps a bad save...

Regardless, if you want no DLCs, no DLCs. I just thought a couple of imports hanging around from Soelsthium could be cool...