Crime and punisment

bobobos

Soo where to start?

ummm

it is worth reforming some people?

Its is fair for the victims to let the criminals free whiout pusnishment?

Its the punishment equal to the crime?

In what age is a perfon truly responsible for their actions?

Doing nothing will lead to vigilantes?

Do we care enought nowdays?

Depends on who ya ask.... In the US, certain parties think that requiring bail, is racist...... so, unless you are charged with a particularly violent crime, you get arrested, and then released....

I believe the punishment SHOULD fit the crime. If you get drunk, drive anyway, and end up killing someone, then YOUR life should be forfeit as well. Murder? Yep, you are done. And no more 20 plus years of appeals either. You get convicted, you get ONE appeal, and if your conviction is upheld, you are executed the next day.

Age? That's a tough one. If you are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and recognize the potential consequences of your actions...... then you should be able to be charged as an adult. (do an adult crime, do adult time.) And no more of this 'not guilty by reason of insanity', or, excusing crimes due to mental issues, or bad upbringing, etc. Do the crime, do the time. End of story.

I am glad you asked.

I would truly like to see some good debates on the first issue of determining why a person committed a crime. Judge's decision is to dole out the penalty that fits the person for committing a crime.

How to judge them according to their home tutoring, school education, religious education, social friends education, and mental maturity at the age they committed a crime. The severity of the crime and then the judge is required to be able determine from the examination of the person how the individual male or female began to think and carry out the crime on their own without other people influencing them to.

Then the judge decides what to dole out as their penalty befitting the person for committing the crime.

That's what I learned so far.

Yes, it lessens the chance of reoffending which is good for everyone.

Is it fair for the victims to let the criminals free without punishment?

Usually unless it's something petty that isn't worth the expense.

Is the punishment equal to the crime?

Yes but I wouldn't include the death penalty in that, I don't think the state should have the right to kill its own citizens and its not unknown for people to be wrongly convicted of crimes only for evidence to emerge years later clearing their name, if it turns out that someone was innocent but they've already been put to death then what you gonna do? dig them up and say sorry?

At what age is a person truly responsible for their actions?

Whatever age is considered adult.

Doing nothing will lead to vigilantes?

Yes, if the authorities won't do their job people are likely to take matters into their own hands.

Do we care enough nowadays?

Ordinary people do but the politicians don't, those in deprived areas are far more likely to be a victim of crime than those in the prosperous areas politicians inhabit.

I mean the people we know they will going to comit another crime next day they get out, "that" people

I worry most about the victims of the crime and the sensation that their misery means S*** and the criminals are better trated than them. Not the econoic problems

Yes but I wouldn't include the death penalty in that, I don't think the state should have the right to kill its own citizens and its not unknown for people to be wrongly convicted of crimes only for evidence to emerge years later clearing their name, if it turns out that someone was innocent but they've already been put to death then what you gonna do? dig them up and say sorry?

In this point i understant you, and we know tha judial system in every part of the world is incompetent at best of the cases.

Still some crimes puting the person behind bars the rest of their lives fells like is more for their security than punisment.

And others dead is mercy, because if the family of the victim cachem then a quick dead will be the best outcome

Debate is feeble. I refer to reasons for that extend to find out the mental maturity of the person who is being judged for committing a crime.

I mean the people we know they will going to comit another crime next day they get out, "that" people

I worry most about the victims of the crime and the sensation that their misery means S*** and the criminals are better trated than them. Not the econoic problems

In this point i understant you, and we know tha judial system in every part of the world is incompetent at best of the cases.

Still some crimes puting the person behind bars the rest of their lives fells like is more for their security than punisment.

And others dead is mercy, because if the family of the victim cachem then a quick dead will be the best outcome

How do you know that for a fact? "know the judicial system in every part of the world is incompetent at best of the cases?"

Where do you get your information?

Do you spend a lot of your time sitting in the audience at a court room during which time the people who are being challenged to prove them selves innocent?

Or are you getting all your information about the workings of the *your spelling* "judial" systems all around the world second hand; like many of us do?

Depends on who ya ask.... In the US, certain parties think that requiring bail, is racist...... so, unless you are charged with a particularly violent crime, you get arrested, and then released....

I believe the punishment SHOULD fit the crime. If you get drunk, drive anyway, and end up killing someone, then YOUR life should be forfeit as well. Murder? Yep, you are done. And no more 20 plus years of appeals either. You get convicted, you get ONE appeal, and if your conviction is upheld, you are executed the next day.

Age? That's a tough one. If you are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and recognize the potential consequences of your actions...... then you should be able to be charged as an adult. (do an adult crime, do adult time.) And no more of this 'not guilty by reason of insanity', or, excusing crimes due to mental issues, or bad upbringing, etc. Do the crime, do the time. End of story.

Once again, HeyYou initiates his commentary by regurgitating propaganda as fact, and by doing so, lies. Nobody says "requiring bail is racist". What is said, and what is borne out by the facts, is that the way bail is applied is in fact, racist.

Since 1984, in at least six different sessions of US Legislative bodies, bail reform has been proposed. The testimony before Congress in each case presents evidence that the amount of melanin a person possesses directly correlates to the amount and frequency of bail. The evidence further demonstrates that, for the exact same crimes, the location of ones residence is also a factor in excessive bail amounts, with inner city offenders, who are predominately melanin rich, being assessed higher bail than suburban offenders, who are predominately melanin poor. The evidence presented to Congress further demonstrates that pretrial confinement because of an inability to pay these excessive bail amounts overwhelmingly affects the melanin endowed.

The truth is that "certain parties think" the application of bail needs to be based on something more than the whimsical belief system of some judge. A google search for "congressional records, bail reform" will provide the reader with an overwhelming volume of testimony before those bodies, the testimony which I have simply summarized here.

Once again, HeyYou initiates his commentary by regurgitating propaganda as fact, and by doing so, lies. Nobody says "requiring bail is racist". What is said, and what is borne out by the facts, is that the way bail is applied is in fact, racist.

Since 1984, in at least six different sessions of US Legislative bodies, bail reform has been proposed. The testimony before Congress in each case presents evidence that the amount of melanin a person possesses directly correlates to the amount and frequency of bail. The evidence further demonstrates that, for the exact same crimes, the location of ones residence is also a factor in excessive bail amounts, with inner city offenders, who are predominately melanin rich, being assessed higher bail than suburban offenders, who are predominately melanin poor. The evidence presented to Congress further demonstrates that pretrial confinement because of an inability to pay these excessive bail amounts overwhelmingly affects the melanin endowed.

The truth is that "certain parties think" the application of bail needs to be based on something more than the whimsical belief system of some judge. A google search for "congressional records, bail reform" will provide the reader with an overwhelming volume of testimony before those bodies, the testimony which I have simply summarized here.

And once again you mince words. I do not differentiate between "bail is racist", and "how bail is applied is racist", it's semantics, and in the end, result is the same, for a fair few crimes these days, NO bail is adjudicated.

Debate is feeble. I refer to reasons for that extend to find out the mental maturity of the person who is being judged for committing a crime.

Soo if a person whit low mental maturity comits a crime lets say a robery they will give a low sentence, fine

but when it comicts something worse liek a murder, simple one no other nasty stuf but whit clear intentions, what we do.

How do you know that for a fact? "know the judicial system in every part of the world is incompetent at best of the cases?"

Where do you get your information?

Do you spend a lot of your time sitting in the audience at a court room during which time the people who are being challenged to prove them selves innocent?

In that one i was a little harsh soo i say sorry, but i will say that is still a lot of imcompetence in the Justice system (loopholes,excepcions,ect..)like in every legal sytem heck even in my crafht there a lot of rings to jump. but if you wanna some information about my critic here https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/corruption/criminal-justice-system.html .

Or are you getting all your information about the workings of the *your spelling* "judial" systems all around the world second hand; like many of us do?

Dont be a grammar shark, english is my 3º lenguage and my computer keep trying to make it spanish,

And yes and no..... i need to learn a S*** load of laws that makes somethimes no sense .yes

I found some judjes that understand that the laws are crazy YES .

I was in a curt room luckily no.

I need to still do what the law says or get either fired or/and fined Yes