SKE accidentally uninstalled improperly

othermel

I'm a bit late to the party probably. I am new to pc gaming so I am hoping for some help.
I hope this is the right place for this.
google was unhelpful in providing an answer to my specific issue (but google has been failing at providing answers since the change of algorythm anyway)

I have rencently installed the game on pc (previously played on ps4) so I am not entirely familiar with how to mod on pc.
Anyway I downloaded vortex and started installing mods. its pretty straight forward.
I installed a mod that required SKE, and so I installed SKE.

while sorting all my mods, I accidentally uninstalled SKE through vortex. I downloaded it again but now it won't work.
I thought I had the version that did not need a chem to uninstall but I am thinking maybe not, and it was improperly uninstalled. I reinstalled it but the SKE menu wont show up in the workshop menu (I thimk I only have alternate settlelemts as a mod that uses it but that one doesnt seem to show up at all since the SKE menu isnt there)

Is there a fix to that or did I mess my game forever? I don't know what to do, that chem thing is not in the chem station
Is there a way to go back to a blank state and reinstall SKE?
I have a lot of game time and build time, I would have to have to lose all that.

I found a mod that allows vanilla menus to be restored in case they disappear, cos I read this is a side effect, so I am prepared on that front... I just want SKE to work now.

Edited by othermel

The mod states:

"If you chose the SKE version that adds the SKE menu with a script be sure to craft and use the chem prior to uninstalling manually or with NMM. The other SKE version that doesn't use the papyrus script to add its menu doesn't require a chem."

So, which did you choose? (I'm guessing the script version, requiring the chem)

You might give SMM a try to see if it can be fixed. (Settlement Menu Manager)

You probably already needed to install it, IF you chose the non-script version.

edit:

Afaik, you can use DarthWayne's script injection method, which needs the chem, or SMM to avoid the chem. There's no other method I'm aware of.

I'm using the script+chem myself for my vault pieces mod, but I might add a SMM version later.

Otherwise... hope you have an (not too) old savegame from before messing it up(?)

Edited by RoNin1971

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12226

Settlement Keywords Expanded, presumably.

yes sorry, I didn't realise that I had not mentionned it by its full name

The mod states:

"If you chose the SKE version that adds the SKE menu with a script be sure to craft and use the chem prior to uninstalling manually or with NMM. The other SKE version that doesn't use the papyrus script to add its menu doesn't require a chem."

edit:

Afaik, you can use DarthWayne's script injection method, which needs the chem, or SMM to avoid the chem. There's no other method I'm aware of.

I'm using the script+chem myself for my vault pieces mod, but I might add a SMM version later.

Otherwise... hope you have an (not too) old savegame from before messing it up(?)

like I said I was not sure which one I had in the end, because honestly, I did not pay attention. (I guess its not a mistake i'll do a second time now)

when I reinstalled it from vortex, everything SKE related in game had disappeared.

no SKE menu. no chem option.

If I had the chem version, that option is gone. If I didnt have the chem version... well thats gone too.

Also unfortunately I did a LOT of building since I got the mod so... I am not restarting now.

I will try uninstalling everything and reinstalling again, and try SMM.

not sure what that does exactly, Im not very verse, as I said, I just download the mod, do my best to load them in a correct order, but I dont know the technicalities.

I thought maybe, whatever the chem was used for could be undone some way, without it. but since i not even sure I had it in the first place, I dont know why the menu would not appear anyway.

If anything, as I said, I only use SKE for one mod. I might just.. pass on it

Thanks for your help

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12226

Settlement Keywords Expanded, presumably.

yes sorry, I didn't realise that I had not mentionned it by its full name

The mod states:

edit:

like I said I was not sure which one I had in the end, because honestly, I did not pay attention. (I guess its not a mistake i'll do a second time now)

when I reinstalled it from vortex, everything SKE related in game had disappeared.

no SKE menu. no chem option.

If I had the chem version, that option is gone. If I didnt have the chem version... well thats gone too.

Also unfortunately I did a LOT of building since I got the mod so... I am not restarting now.

I will try uninstalling everything and reinstalling again, and try SMM.

not sure what that does exactly, Im not very verse, as I said, I just download the mod, do my best to load them in a correct order, but I dont know the technicalities.

I thought maybe, whatever the chem was used for could be undone some way, without it. but since i not even sure I had it in the first place, I dont know why the menu would not appear anyway.

If anything, as I said, I only use SKE for one mod. I might just.. pass on it

Thanks for your help

SMM is a modders resource, like SKE. Its purpose is to restore menu's after uninstalling mods (without uninstall chem), which are compatible with SMM. SKE uses SMM for the chem-less version, so it might work to restore the menu.

edit:

As you don't know / have it yet, its extremely likely you used the chem version. As SMM is a requirement for the other version.

Edited by RoNin1971