Vortex failing to download mods

johnny32510

Same goes here, and it's stupid. I have to close Vortex and re-open it, and then the download works.

I used to keep my Vortex open all the time, because I play Skyrim daily (and almost mod it daily too).

But since last update, cannot. I have to close it, restart, and then it works... I mean why ? I've been doing this for years... Useless modification really.

How is it hard to understand that a change in the authentication system resulted in a bug that needs to be fixed? A bug that's probably not that big a priority because the number of people affected is very, very small and the fix very, very easy?

I mean, aside from anything else, you don't need Vortex open to play your games at all, and modding your game continuously ("mod it daily too") is a really good way to make your save games an unrecoverable mess.

@showler Well, since my game is modded (1 201 and still going), yeah, I start it via Vortex's tool that was exactly made for that.

And modding your game daily is not an issue if you know what you're doing. With time and experience, you know what you can do, and what you can't. I've been doing it since forever, and yeah, I've scrapped old games in the beginning, but not anymore.

Good to know that a fix is coming tough, but still a bother.

@showler Well, since my game is modded (1 201 and still going), yeah, I start it via Vortex's tool that was exactly made for that.

Yeah, you can use the tool to start the game, but it's mostly intended for when you are testing mods and need to keep going back to Vortex.

When you are actually playing, having Vortex open does exactly nothing except use up computer resources for no purpose.

When I try to download a mod on nexus mods using vortex mod manager vortex pops up with the message ' Invalid download links' 'Download failed'

Iam using vortex version 1 7.7, and I am modding Skyrim SE. I have 233 mods and 166 active plugins and 157 light plugins. I am using windows 11 and my system has 8gb RAM x64 processor.

The latest version of Vortex has switched to a new login authentication method (OAuth), updating and logging in again might resolve your issue.

If you have updated and are still experiencing issues, we're aware of one bug that has a fix in Beta now (and will be rolled out to the latest version in the next couple weeks).

@showler : well, actually, considering Vortex is my mod manager, yeah, I'm better off launching my game with it, to make sure that SKSE, dependent stuff, and mods are loaded correctly. You said it yourself : having tons of mods can be risky : so better having them load properly. And indeed, it does suck up some resources, but not that much on my machine.