Images not displaying

InDarkestNight

This is a problem I've noticed for years, but I thought it was just because of some mod pages being super old (I've noticed this most on the page for Beasts of Tamriel). Lately though I've noticed that this is also occurring on posts that were made as little as a few months ago!

I can click on the image and open it in a new tab and it displays fine. The ones for Beasts of Tamriel don't display though (something about the image files having an 'error').

What could be causing this? Something's clearly not right if new images won't display right. I should note I've never had a problem with the media tab at the bottom, its only with images that users link to.

The post that links to an image on this mod page isn't displaying to me:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/115054?tab=posts

That said, I believe its probably an issue with my browser or computer rather than the site.

As for that link, I can view it by opening it in a new tab (its an image of hammurabi I think). This doesn't work on the Beasts of Tamriel page though.

Actually, I didn't notice Evgeney posted an image. The 'broken' images appear as a small icon of a torn piece of paper within a small white border. I see the same thing all over the Beasts of Tamriel page.

I would post a screenshot of what I'm seeing, but apparently this website only accepts links (why do websites all do that for? It just makes posting an image far more complicated than it needs to be, and results in images breaking after a time. It used to be you COULD post an image directly to a website, but I probably haven't seen a site that allows that in well over a decade).

Back on topic, what could be causing this? If it matters, I use firefox. Whether I have an adblocker installed or not makes no difference (the BoT page was glitched for years before I first installed one).

Actually, I didn't notice Evgeney posted an image. The 'broken' images appear as a small icon of a torn piece of paper within a small white border. I see the same thing all over the Beasts of Tamriel page.

I would post a screenshot of what I'm seeing, but apparently this website only accepts links (why do websites all do that for? It just makes posting an image far more complicated than it needs to be, and results in images breaking after a time. It used to be you COULD post an image directly to a website, but I probably haven't seen a site that allows that in well over a decade).

Back on topic, what could be causing this? If it matters, I use firefox. Whether I have an adblocker installed or not makes no difference (the BoT page was glitched for years before I first installed one).

Storage space..... there are north of 30 MILLION members here... Granted, not all of them would post images, but, if even a tiny percentage did, that's a lotta disk space. :D