Do only legendary npcs carry legendary items?

Aurum10000

Or can they be found around the game world too? Got a mod that stops the spawn of legendary npcs. Wondering if I need a separate mod for legendary items.

You can get legendary items as quest rewards sometimes.

Like Aeternus ( a buffed minigun) for doing the Big Dig in Goodneighbor.

There is a mod that allows you to craft legendary features on your weapons but be careful of you will be so OP tghe game will be no fun.

I always avoid craftng the best legendaries that way just the 2nd best ones that I may have relaistically found.

(Do NOT craft an explosive minigun, or a explosive shotgun, just no. It will totally break the game balance.)

Or can they be found around the game world too? Got a mod that stops the spawn of legendary npcs. Wondering if I need a separate mod for legendary items.

There is a mod that allows you to craft legendary features on your weapons but be careful of you will be so OP tghe game will be no fun.

I always avoid craftng the best legendaries that way just the 2nd best ones that I may have relaistically found.

(Do NOT craft an explosive minigun, or a explosive shotgun, just no. It will totally break the game balance.)

Explosive is a rather interesting Legendary effect.... I once found an Explosive Combat shotgun, and that thing was badarse! :D Of course, at close range, it kills YOU too...... Took me a couple deaths to figure that one out. :D

Lookin for a mod that rids the game of anything legendary.

Explosive is a rather interesting Legendary effect.... I once found an Explosive Combat shotgun, and that thing was badarse! :D Of course, at close range, it kills YOU too...... Took me a couple deaths to figure that one out. :D

I counts every shotgun pellet as one thing to attach 15 pts of explosive damage to.

Then add explsoives perk, then add automatic per (or single rifle perk if its not a automatic) and you have a death wand.

For the first time I permit myslf in using a explosive handmade rifle.

not as crazy as automatic shotgun but with my explosive perks and automatic perks nearly maxed it is super effective.

That makes sense and is a lore friendly goal.

Don't know of any then?

You also have the aspirational items, aka the legendaries sold by the vendors around the world. Similar to the quest reward legendaries, they are spawned via leveled lists as instantiation filtered templates. That's also the reason why you can't simply spawn them via "player.additem" in the console.

To completely get rid of those two types of legendary items, you either have to edit those leveled lists or the associated spawn quest, which only affects new games for the vendors, or write a script that removes them from those vendors at a later time. However that is quite painful to do safely. The quest reward legendary should be gone by just editing their leveled list as long as you aren't at the quest stage(s) that disperses them.

In case you want to go crazy with legendary crafting, take a look at Dankrafft's crafting mods. Want an Explosive Wounding Staggering double-barreled Shotgun that fires the double amount of pellets without needing to be ever reloaded? It's no problem there...

For the opposite end there aren't really many standalone mods that remove legendaries from the game, since the only reliable way to do that without scripting requires always to load that mod at game start, ideally with the complete rest of your load order. However, even then you still have to manually patch legendaries injected by other mods.

Edited by KikiVelika

Don't know of any then?

I do not Sir.

I just mean to express I respect the gameism purity inherent in your goal.

After all, legendaries are kinda like magic.

And magic probably does not have a place in the FO4 Universe.

in my headcanon I deconflict this with the thought that a given legendary effect is really the consqeuence of it being an upgraded weapon.

I know thatsa crutch.

If there was a mod that purged legendary weapons and armor from all ( PC and NPCs) then I might try it as well.

Probably been answered already, but I know that some legendary weapons can be found.. for example.. The treasure of Jamaica Plains has that legendary baseball bat that you can take.