Is Nexus or MO2 to blame?

InaDungeon

I've downloaded a mod only to have it completely disappear from MO2. I left it to download while I was afk. It's gone.

I downloaded it again, waited, kept checking the %. It gets to 90%+ then I check as it should be done and it on 2%.

Is this being done by Nexus or Mo2?

Which alternative to use other than Nexus, if it is Nexus?

So it's happened again. It keeps getting close to finishing being downloaded and then goes back to 1% again, restarting the entire download process.

Edited by InaDungeon

If it is a large file size mod, try manually downloading and importing into the mod manager. Some people have had issues with large file sizes downloading completely when downloading straight to their mod manager of choice (NMM, MO2, Vortex).

a download fail is in 99.9% of the cases not related to the mod manager. it is in most cases a net stability download problem.

the mod has also not disappeared it just failed to download completely and the automated mod installation failed therefore.

if you download manually you have full control over this process in your browser and you can resume a download at the point it fails. i can confirm this way is safe and reliable as i download all my mods manually and in the last week i often had to resume the download manually.

so check first the completion of the download as IsharaMeradin described and then search for other reasons in such cases.

The old adage goes... you get what you pay for. That 'Premium' next to my icon means I get full speed downloads. Just tried a 220MB mod, about 20 seconds.

There seems to be reports of people experiencing very slow downloads in a general area of Europe yesterday. Something that needs to be investigated and resolved, probably.

Or you could abandon the world's largest modding site and look for alternatives without ever contacting the site's administrators and trying to find out why you are having a (probably temporary) problem.

trunk bottlenecking happens. You can probably find out more about what happened (if anything substantive in a widespread manner, instead of possibly isolated local issues at various ISPs) by checking in with networking news sites. Unfortunately I don't have any lof my old inks to offer, as I've been out of the business for 3 years now and that stuff is gone from my computers, but they're out there

just to offer an example I grabbed a moment ago from a quick search https://www.thousandeyes.com/outages/, albeit I can't say I've used that particular site before. (most of the ones I used to use tunneled a bit deeper into the infrastructure and were not quite so glitzy and consumer looking)

however, a slowdown can be attributed to something as innocuous as a local router on the fritz, either in one's home or the intermediary ISP hardware that feeds your home (or business) or to a particularly high traffic period (ie like driving on a holiday), or even the side effects of an infrastructure intrusion attack