Uninstalling unused extensions failed

evy24

Hello,

In Vortex I found some extensions for games I do not own. When I remove these extensions they come back automatically.

Is there a setting were I can disable the auto download? Or is this a known issue or bug with the latest Vortex version?

Sorry I was not very clear.

These extensions are not needed because I don't play the games.

I am not talking about mods, this are extensions for games I do not own. If I remove the unused extensions they come back after restarting Vortex. I they are needed then why is there a button 'remove'?

Apologize for not being very clear. My English is not the best.

Okay, thank you for your reply.

Maybe the next update of Vortex will remove the requirement for Halo, Master Chief Collection and 7 Days To Die.

Thanks, I have to accept this for now.

Guest deleted34304850

if you dont own the game then just ignore them, as they do nothing until you install the game and manage it via vortex.

if you delete them, vortex will see they are missing and redownload them, so you're only making an issue for yourself

I already accepted this little mistake in Vortex. It is okay.

But now you mention "they do nothing until you install the game" then there is something wrong, they do nothing but are still installed by Vortex. But they do nothing.

Howler said the opposite: they are needed.

So or they do nothing and are accidentally put in there by the programmer, or they are needed by Vortex and they are called Halo, Master Chief Collection and 7 Days To Die.

May I call this a kind of bloatware?

But it is okay, just a little oversight. No problem. Case closed.

Guest deleted34304850

they are "required" in the sense that if you delete them, vortex will see they are missing and redownload them for you as they are a part of vortex.

vortex does this because they are an integral part of vortex, even if you don't have the games they are designed for.

hypothetically - imagine you delete these extensions - okay good deal.

then one day, you buy one of the games that the extensions manage.

now, as they are deleted, vortex can't manage the game - is that a vortex problem? how do you fix it?

would you need to reinstall vortex?

or is it simpler to just leave the extensions there, doing nothing?

Picky said that they do actually fix issues or help stability for the program unrelated to the games in question. So it seems they are doing something even if you don't have the games.

As for bloatware: collectively they are about a megabyte and a half. Like the size of a floppy disk when those actually existed. It's a fairly meaningless amount of space to be concerned about.