S'I'M collections mods list

tduality

The ability to pin comments is there and might help the OP., which they don't utilize. Also, the thumbs up like button isn't necessary.

These small windows are no use for me anyhow. I can't even put a link in there without a pain. The space in-between the lines is twice bigger than a letter. Every symbol becomes a slash + symbol.

Edited by tduality

It sounds like you're trying to use the comment section for something other than commenting. Perhaps if you can better describe what it is you're trying to do we may be able to come up with a better solution together.

The comments section is for... well... comments. If I'm taking a guess it sounds like you want some kind of notepad/scratchpad which it might make sense to use a Google Doc or something for, unless there's a reason for it be public?

I'm giving more mods for download. That can't be everything in the Vortex. I don't wish to people to went outside the site, and I don't want to go myself. It suits me very well how it was before. Just leave me a topic where I can continue to do what I do, how that was before. The new comments are awfully inconvenient for that. Even the links are differ in there. And the people aren't commenting much. it's 160 comments in a year. The last one is two weeks ago. Why force the new feature and make me suffer for that? If that's allowed to keep my topic on this forum, not a trouble for me where it will be. No need for a special button in the Collections.

Shortly that can be seen in the first comments. A list where I can add links, categorize them and comment them what is what. And easily edit that from time to time, without learning a new special language of course, different from the rest of the Nexus.

Edited by tduality

I'm giving more mods for download. That can't be everything in the Vortex. I don't wish to people to went outside the site, and I don't want to go myself. It suits me very well how it was before. Just leave me a topic where I can continue to do what I do, how that was before. The new comments are awfully inconvenient for that. Even the links are differ in there. And the people aren't commenting much. it's 160 comments in a year. The last one is two weeks ago. Why force the new feature and make me suffer for that? If that's allowed to keep my topic on this forum, not a trouble for me where it will be. No need for a special button in the Collections.

Shortly that can be seen in the first comments. A list where I can add links, categorize them and comment them what is what. And easily edit that from time to time, without learning a new special language of course, different from the rest of the Nexus.

I'm still a little confused on what you're trying to do. You can add all mods to Vortex (or at least the vast majority) and they will show in the "Mods" tab on your page. You can also mark mods as optional if you want to give users a choice on if they want to download them.

As others have mentioned with the new system you can now pin important information to the top of your comments thread so it won't get buried by other posts.

There is 102 old mods for manual installation. I can't put that into Vortex, they are old and have no button for that. There are some modders which sabotage a use of Vortex. There are some mods which when installed without viewing can put a player into frustration right on the game launch.

I don't like the new comments window, with pinning or without it completely won't do. It's not about the messages order. It's inconvenient in everything. It fits for a short chat but not for making a large list.

Why even a new feature must replace an old one. Better replace Bugs section if there is a need to replace something.

Edited by tduality

how can a mod author configure a mod to sabotage vortex?

Non standard packing of archive, is one that I have seen.

Guest deleted34304850

thats not sabotaging though - i mean how can a mod author craft something to sabotage - i.e. deliberately mess up vortex - or any mod manager, for that matter, so that it no longer functions? that is sabotage.