Vortex can't add collections

bearskiy
Go to solution Solved by bearskiy,

Guest deleted34304850

that post smells of "i've got my stuff downloaded now i'm grifting for a refund", because your analysis of the issue and your conclusions are not at all backed up by any hard evidence. you're just passing off opinion based on (nothing substantial) as fact.

I understand, but the last part was a joke. I posted the complaint about 10 minutes after I realized that Vortex didn't work, and I'm not using Vortex at all because it's not very good and doesn't really work fully with any recent games. I fixed it myself because of that guy that said that only Chrome works for Vortex, which I naturally can't use because of reasons that most people know by now, and this is not the place to start a discussion about company vs company.

Ofcourse I don't expect to actually get a refund. Noone gets refunds and that's what this site makes it living from. I cancelled the subscription immediately though.

This is not the first time I've subscribed here, I've had premium before to download big files faster.

This time I didn't get anything out of it because of the bug and that the necessity to fix it myself took away any joy, but I still can if I want to, my payment lasts like 30 days or something.

I did try to download part of collection to see that my solution worked, so I've used data, it would've taken like an hour for about a 5 minute download so I gave that up of course.

I've also looked for configurations to tweak starfield FOV and such, maybe I downloaded a couple 0.1kb files there if I couldn't just copy the config variables directly from the description.

That's all from me,

I'm sorry if you feel depressed in any way because of my words about this product, it's not about you, I promise, and I will not buy premium again no matter how much hate I get for that.

and yet, basic maths and logic shows that once again your assertions are wildly wrong.

vortex DOES work, and has for years.

maybe you need to do some actual analysis of why, for you, there's an issue, and if you want help with that issue, post up actual information that can be used to help you along.

FWIW. I use Firefox with no issues.

That's nice

Mine would probably also pick up the new registry setting too if I would reset firefox, because I had an old application setting for Vortex already in Firefox. I use Firefox for too many things though to reset it, I do my own maintenance from time to time.

My advised fix would work for everyone, even linux and mac, for people dabbling.

I'm confused about this "obvious, not edge cases and affects almost everyone in one way or another" comment when millions of users are unaffected in any way. You'd think the forums would be flooded by people unable to download Collections.

Not many people take the time to go through a forum, checking the rules and all that just to report a problem. There are tons of issues with Vortex not downloading though, and almost noone gets actual help more than the generic 'you can try to reinstall' or 'try another app/operating system/computer/whatever' you're supposed to change or invest in to fix issues for Vortex and nexusmods.

I could've skipped saying that part though to not confuse, thanks for asking.

TLDR; it's not user friendly to try to support through a generic forum. Sry I brought it up.

that's the most accurate thing you've posted thus far.

well done you.

Your attitude is very demeaning and targeted towards fellow users, you can improve that by trying to help people asking for help instead.

If you can't help you should probably stay in threads that are not related to problem solving.

Thanks in advance.

Out of curiousity only, did you actually try the "fix Firefox nxm link handling" button in the Vortex settings? That fixes it for the majority of people

No I had no idea it existed! Would've probably been a good support answer.

I don't have Vortex anymore so I can't really try, and I'm not interested anymore, but thanks a lot for hinting. If I knew it worked I would put it as the answer... Maybe I should anyways, if it's true and it exists it's probably the way it should be fixed.

Out of curiousity only, did you actually try the "fix Firefox nxm link handling" button in the Vortex settings? That fixes it for the majority of people

I installed to make sure it's there, but there's only one for Chrome which explicitly says it's only needed for Chrome to work.