How old are we?

Skyrabbit

i can't really remeber my first pc anymore that was in 90

i so remember however playing larry leisure suit on it now that im 48 i still play games

my wife use to say that boys never get old only their toys get more expensive

she might be on to something

Soo true :-D

@Nemisis: Glad to see someone here who has actually seen a punch card.

My first mod was done with Holllerith cards sometime around 1970 - Space War in FORTRAN WATFIV on a Data General Nova ruining a modified IBM HASP operating system. After the deck ran on the IBM 1402, And a few minutes wait for it to compile, we could play on what I think was a Dasher D100 VDT. The mod allowed changing the gravity constant. You could have whatever gravity you wanted by entering the change as a signed (floating) octal variable through the VDT when the game started.

My cell phone is 1000 times more powerful than that room filling Dara General now. :dance:

How many of you can even understand what I just wrote? :tongue:

@Nemisis: Glad to see someone here who has actually seen a punch card.

My first mod was done with Holllerith cards sometime around 1970 - Space War in FORTRAN WATFIV on a Data General Nova ruining a modified IBM HASP operating system. After the deck ran on the IBM 1402, And a few minutes wait for it to compile, we could play on what I think was a Dasher D100 VDT. The mod allowed changing the gravity constant. You could have whatever gravity you wanted by entering the change as a signed (floating) octal variable through the VDT when the game started.

My cell phone is 1000 times more powerful than that room filling Dara General now. :dance:

How many of you can even understand what I just wrote? :tongue:

I think I saw IBM in there :P

I'm 43 and a very late comer to Games and Computers....First Game was a late comer to Oblivion on XBox, then Mass Effect. Didn't start Computer Gaming until Skyrim. My knowing next to nothing about Computers, a friend built my Gaming PC for me, but I don't know it's specs...all techno-babble to me, something about Nvidia, etc... :blush: ...a few people have looked at my PC, am told it's high end and 'yes' it does kick *ss, I can push it a lot harder than I do apparently with the Mods, etc...I have learned quite a bit about troubleshooting Mods and being able to spot potential conflicts, et al...but other than that, my Computer knowledge remains next to nil.