Why are all the boards on this site so inactive?

InDarkestNight

Guest deleted34304850

you are very good at posting your opinion and trying to pass it off as fact.

everything you wrote was your opinion. none of it was fact.

that's what you do.

then, when you get called out you revert to ad-hominen attacks and juvenile character assasination.

in short - you are what you call everyone else.

its a tried and tested approach that's been used by trolls everywhere since day #1.

up your game.

The truth is that a lot of the boards have a lot of activity, mostly controlled by the popularity of the game and the accessibility of modding it.

If your posts aren't getting responses, you should look at the content of your posts.

Frankly, and I'm somewhat hesitant to post this but maybe it will help, this thread is similar to your other recent threads. Internet not living up to your expectations, blame the internet. Skyrim not running stable on your computer, blame Bethesda for being after you personally, blame the modders and tell people that patches inherently make the game unstable. Not enjoying the games you're playing, blame the developers of those games. Not getting responses to your posts, blame the forums themselves. Might want to examine the common thread there.

Guest deleted34304850

i posted something very similar to your reply - it was removed - but the point remains. a lot of the OP's problems start and end with the OP.

How can you ask for help on certain issues without it coming across as 'whining'. Also, no I don't blame bethesda for making the game unstable. I do realize mods can add to that (even if the base game itself is unstable either way, as I've said before I can't play SE at all because of issues that refuse to go away no matter what I do, though the AE update didn't help with that). That one post I was simply getting tired of tweaking my load order over and over again. I want to play the damned game, but I can't seem to get my load order in a state where I can do that. Starting to think that as people suggested, some of the mods LotD has displays for are simply inherintly unstable. I could never determine what was responsible though, and even after I posted the load order nobody else gave me a hint. What could cause an issue where freezes increase in frequency as the game goes on, ultimately making it impossible to play it? I've resorted to just giving up on that for now and making a different load order with virtually nothing in common. I've been wanting to return to my survival mods for years now, so finally I'm getting that chance. I still haven't gotten around to actually playing though; guess I'm just hesitant to try with all the issues the Relic Hunter order was giving me. I would still like it if I could get WARP compatible with all my mods, but that's just not an option it seems. Oh well, what can you do?

That said, I have been trying to help people out myself where I can. I have been trying to meaningfully contribute. I don't appreciate people throwing that in my face, and claiming my experience is all me when pretty much everyone is having this problem. Just look at any board, even for Skyrim, and its rare for anyone to get a reply. That can't just be me. Even the moderators here admit the lack of activity and that they're taking steps to remedy it.

As for the internet, I can't help that it sucks. Honestly though my biggest problem lately has nothing to do with its content. For some reason my internet's been lagging really bad over the past few days and I have no clue why. its like my computer just doens't want me to watch youtube or really do anything that involves going online. I've even had problems accessing this site (though that's always been the case for some reason, I've asked about that in the past but nobody else is having my problem, so no one could say what may be causing it).

I'm sure there will be folks here who would consider this a hot take - but suppose for a moment that your problem isn't with the mods LOTD has displays for. Suppose the problem is LOTD itself. There's plenty of folks out there who have said it's not the most stable thing to have in your load order, and it gets worse thee more mods you pile in with it. Just a thought, but maybe exclude it while setting up a new load order and see how that goes?

I'm sure there will be folks here who would consider this a hot take - but suppose for a moment that your problem isn't with the mods LOTD has displays for. Suppose the problem is LOTD itself. There's plenty of folks out there who have said it's not the most stable thing to have in your load order, and it gets worse thee more mods you pile in with it. Just a thought, but maybe exclude it while setting up a new load order and see how that goes?

As the architect of the entire script system that powers displays in LOTD I'd ask that you present some kind of proof before accusing the core mod of being a problem. "I've heard folks having problems" is not helpful, not least without providing some examples. I'm not above criticism but that system has been tweaked and refined for years and there's not really any known problems with it other than users overloading it (it can support about 5k+ displays before papyrus starts to come crashing down) or using poorly constructed patches.

I'm a little out of the loop but I am aware of an entire new gallery add-on and patches that are not supported or endorsed by the creators of LOTD and they frequently cause all kinds of weird problems. At this point there are too many of these patches for the LOTD team to look through but if it can be nailed to a specific one there could be a mistake in the setup.

Creating a patch for the gallery is documented but it's not particularly simple thanks to all the systems that hook into it.

@Arthmoor A bit off-topic, but I thought you left?

That said, I already came to the conclusion on my own that it must be something wrong with one of the mods I need for LotD. I've literally removed every mod not tied to LotD that wasn't a graphics mod I've used since forever. Clearly there must be an issue with one of the mods I need for LotD. If it matters, I play LE and haven't played SE in years due to the relentless updates and LE being far more stable on my machine for some unknown reason. This means I'm still playing version 4 of LotD. I can literally find no evidence any of the 'extra' mods are unstable, outside of Elemental Dragons of course. However, these crashes were occurring even before I unlocked dragons, so that can't be the issue. I admit though I didn't bother to check LotD itself for stability, or any of the mods it incorporates.

I really think this challenge is just impossible to do. Funny enough I found a test save with the museum completed to like 99.9999%, and I found my system could handle it fine. Maybe the whole thing is just too unstable to complete. If it matters, where is the whittled-down load order I had before I gave up trying:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Gray Fox Cowl.esm
Vigilant.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
AKSkyrimUnderground.esm
Vigilant Voiced.esp
SkyUI.esp
FISS.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - Distant Fog.esp
Vivid Weathers - Falskaar.esp
Vivid Weathers - Wyrmstooth.esp
TrueStorms.esp
VWTSPaTch.esp
Vivid Weathers - Minty Lightning patch.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
Malborn Face Fix.esp
deadly_rose_aela.esp
CosmeticVampireOverhaul.esp
LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp
ThaneWeaponsReborn.esp
DBM_SkyrimUnderground_Patch.esp
DBM_VigilantPatch.esp
LoTD Mannequins Behave.esp
AOS.esp
Vivid Weathers - AOS patch.esp
DBM_AOS_Patch.esp
LoTD USLEEP Patch.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
DBM_CCF_Patch.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
JS Barenziah - Johnskyrim.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
DawnguardArsenal.esp
PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp
DBM_HA+IW+IA+DG_Patch.esp
NewArmoury.esp
AnimatedHeavyArmoury.esp
Animated Immersive Weaps.esp
Animated Armour - Immersive Weapons Patch - Daedric Halberd Modification.esp
AnimatedVigilant.esp
PrvtIRoyalArmory.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
AOS2_Unique Uniques Patch.esp
DBM_RoyalArmory_Patch.esp
ArtifactsOfBoethiah.esp
DBM_ArtifactsOfBoethiah_Patch.esp
Dawnguard&VolkiharArtifactsQuests.esp
DBM_DGE_Patch.esp
TreaclemanTGCONPatch.esp
Gray Fox Cowl - Camel patch.esp
Undeath.esp
UndeathFixesLE.esp
UndeathFixes The Ascension LE.esp
DBM_Undeath_Patch.esp
Falskaar Undeath Patch.esp
MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
MoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.esp
DBM_MAS_Patch.esp
SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp
SL01AmuletsSkyrimDGDB_Outfit_Cloaks.esp
DBM_AmuletsOfSkyrim_Patch.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
KVLLullQuestStart60.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
ForgottenCity - Delayed Start.esp
FC WOL Formlist Patch.esp
TheMadMasker.esp
DBM_MadMasker_Patch.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
konahrik_accoutrements.esp
konahrik_accoutrements_db.esp
DBM_DPA_Patch.esp
DBM_Armory_Imp_Leath2.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
DBM_RelicHunter.esp
Elemental_Dragons.esp
DBM_ElementalDragons_Patch.esp
Violent_Alduin_Normal.esp
DurnehviirResurrected.esp
Fossilsyum.esp
FossilMiningMapMarkers.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
DBM_ImmersiveCreatures_Patch.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp
ISC CCF Patch.esp
ISC DeadlySpellImpacts Patch.esp
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
LoTD NotSoFastMQ Patch.esp
BGtheCapturedFairies.esp
BadGremlinsJarHunt.esp
BGsomethingFishy.esp
BGtrophyHeads.esp
More Interesting Loot for Skyrim.esp
escutcheonredwave.esp
DBM_MIL+OAP_Patch.esp
treasure_hunt.esp
DBM_TreasureHunt_Patch.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
SkyrimsUniqueTreasures.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - Falskaar.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - TGCON.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - HR.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - ICW.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - KA.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - MAS.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - TFC.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - WOL.esp
LOTD Airship and Archaeology Patch - Wyrmstooth.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
RDO - USLEEP Patch.esp
Bandit Lines Expansion.esp
Civil War Lines Expansion.esp
Forsworn and Thalmor Lines Expansion.esp
Vampire Lines Expansion.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
AOS2_GDO Patch.esp
Hunters Not Bandits.esp
GDO Redux Hunters not Bandits patch.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
Balanced Necromage Fix.esp
No Magic Ninja Dodge - No DLC.esp
AlwaysPickUpBooks.esp
QuestsAreInSkyrimUSLEEP.esp
LotD Skills in Book Titles Patch.esp
LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
LotD Learn Alchemy from Recipes Patch.esp
Yellow_Mountain_Flower.esp
No Vampire Cure on Rumors.esp
Night Eye Toggle.esp
Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp
Player Size Adjuster.esp
NoBrokenWhiterunTower.esp
iHUD.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Cells CTD Fix (USLEEP).esp
Grid Transition Fix IA Patch.esp
MQ105 Duplicate Script Fix.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.esp
Underwater Visibility Fix LE - RW2.esp
AOS2_RealisticWaterTwo Patch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

If someone is actually willing to help me with my load order for once (no offense, every single time I've broken down and posted my load order, everyone just disregards or berates me for doing as they instructed). Also, either way, I have no way to run any tests right now due to my worthless virus scanner doing its weekly scan THAT TAKES LITERALLY ALL DAY EVEN ON THE FASTEST SETTING. I really despise this thing at times. It literally took me MINUTES to open up MO just so I could get my load order to give you an idea how useless this thing becomes while its doing its stupid scan. And if this isn't bad enough, during the latter half of the scan, this thing lags so much I can't even use a web browser. Tangent, but the point I'm making is I absolutely cannot open the game right now, and probably won't be able to for at least another 6 hours, probably more.

Have you tried asking on the LOTD mod page comments? There's a few helpful folks there.

You should also consider that your save may simply have become corrupted. If you can start a new game and don't get the problem, that might be the cause.

I've actually restarted multiple times, either due to crashes or me missing an item (last one being that axe in Kodlak's room, it wasn't until I went to get it that I found out I couldn't open the lock, and that the key to it was on kodlak, fml). So yes, its definitely persisted through multiple playthroughs. Also, the LE mod page has been locked for years now, and last time I asked through a pm someone possibly you told me to just switch to SE. The only pattern I've ever been found is it doesn't start until later, and gradually gets worse as the playthrough continues. What could cause that with any mod? Its also made testing very annoying, since I have to get to around level 20 before I find out if the new load order is stable or not. Its part of the reason why I gave up and made a new load order without it, which I haven't gotten to playing yet for a variety of reasons. I outright quit skyrim for several days because I just got so fed up with getting the LotD order to freaking work.