Manage separate multiple installs of the same mod

Malachias69

(I am using Vortex version 1.9.5 with the Steam version of Fallout 4.)
A lot of mods come with an installer which contains their own little setup routine. I believe this form is called a FOMod(?). Let's call the result of the installation process a mod setup for now.
Vortex profiles only allow to have a different combination and plugin order of active mods.
They do not allow for a second or third mod setup of the same mod.
Therefore it seems to me that (a single instance of) Vortex allows only for one mod setup.
Is that correct?
I currently have the problem that I am using a central mod A upon which a lot of other mods depend - mods that came with an installer asking me if I was using mod A, B or C as central mod so they installed a version that could adapt to my A.
Now I would like to test out B as central mod.
But because a lot of my other mods depend on A, I would have to remove those mods and reinstall them to work with B.
And doing so in one profile would mean that many of my other profiles - which also use A as central mod and many other mods depending on A - would be invalidated: My saves would be corrupt and these profiles would stop working.
Am I missing something?
Or is there a way around this?
--EDIT--
Since a lot of people have read this and not answered I wonder if I should have given a practical example as a showcase.
If my description comes across as too abstract then please exchange A with CBBE and B with another body mod.
Body mods are mods on which several other mods depend, mods like clothing mods or textures mods for the body or bodyslide presets, etc.
But those mods often come with an installer that can adapt the installation to the body mod you have installed in your game.
Edited by Malachias69