Diablo

Dark0ne

Diablo, The Lord of Terror, has a grasp of horror on the once peaceful town of Tristram. Demons dwell on the streets at night, and horrible screams disturb the troubled sleep of the citizens as forces of Darkness gather in the dungeons below the town. As if the situation isn't worse enough, the once righteous King Leoric has fallen into madness and was killed by his own men. His son, Prince Albrecht, and the Arch-Bishop Lazarus have mysteriously disappeared.

Ah, the classic. 2 was better, damn it! :P Didn't help that multiplayer would never work for me.

Heheh... I got to about... level 24 of the dungeon... then got killed by 100 poorly rendered toads. :D Couldn't be bothered to beat the rest...

I actually preferred the original, but agree they're classic "plug-and-play" games. Got to level 50 or 60 or whatever the cap was, and had a blast.

I concur.  The original was better... one word: duping. :tongue:

As opposed to just hacking any item you want, town kill hacks, etc? The original had zero anti-cheat protection, I'll take some dupes over that any day.

The original had zero anti-cheat protection, I'll take some dupes over that any day.

If ya don't like hacks n stuff, don't play with hackers. Piece of cake. I remember our nice little Swedish channel, Diablo Retail SWE-1. Now that was a nice channel.. packed with swedes.. who spoke Swedish.. I've always seen the original game far better than the second, the feeling was much more.. hack n slash. Go down, kill everything in hell, then kill a big red guy with wings and tada! Your character is weak and so he becomes Diablo himself.. I never saw that coming.