Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no legal non-steam version to download.

Banned - TVD.

there are non steam versions available

why would you ban him for that?

Because a non-Steam version means "pirate" edition.

I.e. Illegal.

Edited by Lanessar

There is no legal non-steam version to download.

Banned - TVD.

there are non steam versions available here, http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729&start=160

why would you ban him for that?

He's referring to non-Steam versions of Skyrim, not the memory patch. They don't care about that. The assumption is that the banned person was using non-Steam Skyrim, since he was looking for that version of the memory patch.

I think for anyone who has been modding Skyrim for a long time has been traumatized by freezes and CTD's know how I feel with what I'm about to say. I've only been modding Skyrim for a year and already had my fair share of the crash course (no pun intended) introduction of how to get Skyrim working kinda good with the occassional CTD here and there. Everything from Tes5Edit cleaning of files, texture optimization, batched patches, merging plugins that have no scripting, load order sorting, reading every drop of info on mods to make sure they are compatiable with eachother, cpu unparking, ENBoost, safety load, ini tweaks ... the list goes on.

I seriously thought all hope was lost after I re-modding my Skyrim just this last week starting over at square 1 and still getting some really lame CTD's ... I was about to throw in the towel and just retire from Skyrim and wait for Elder Scrolls VI hoping it would be 64 bit enabled. Then I saw this patch. Is it fair for me to say I thought it was too good to be true? I mean c'mon Skyrim not crashing with mods like like saying cars don't need tires ...

But it is true =)

I used just the default settings and all I can say is I am in shock. No really, I ran around from riverwood to whiterun, up mountains near whiterun then back to riverwood and helgen and then back again all while fighting a bunch of crap and sprinting most of the time. For the first time I actually got to QTD (quit to desktop) using the in-game UI instead of getting a CTD. I ran around a good 30-45 mins and not even a stutter, I seriously thought after CTD'ing for months the game was about to blow any minute but it didn't. I have a lot of graphical mods like flora overhaul, 2k textures, and ENB so it was nice to actually enjoy it all without ctd's in the back of my mind. I think for the first time in my Skyrim modding experience I felt like I was PLAYING a game and not cringing every battle or every corner when the next CTD might happen.

I have a really nice pc so I was always frustrated this game was held back due to it's engine. This patch is really great and I think it's going to make a lot of Skyrim people happy. More play time and less sitting at the desktop seeing what went wrong doing voodoo tricks hoping the CTD gods won't ruin your next play session haha

Excellent news. I've managed to go for several hours so far without a single CTD, ILS or lockup. That's unprecedented. Did you get rid of Safety Load? You don't need it if you are using the memory patch.

I'm running over 200 mods - probably closer to 225. Most of those are textures. Skyrim HD 2K, Pure Waters, hi-res sky and moon mods, CoT and pretty much every armor mod I could find for CBBE, Convenient Horses (the lag on using this mod is completely gone since using the patch), aMidian, Flora Overhaul, Grass on Steroids, hi-res dragons, deadly dragons...

Before memory patch: Had the occasional CTD when loading a new cell or interior. This usually occured every half hour to 45 minutes of playing. Frames would drop occasionally to the low teens for no apparent reason, especially when turning - possibly loading textures for terrain. However, this occured even when I had just viewed said terrain - I turn my camera, the FPS dropped to 8-13 FPS. This occurred with or without ENB enabled. Finally removed ENB just to try to maintain a framerate above 30FPS, with limited success. Any time I "zoned" or transitioned cells, it would easily drop to 3 FPS or less for a short while. So, I'm running just the SKSE version here, no ENBoost.

I do realize the memory patch will not per se work to improve FPS; it was just something I had noticed as the major difference (other than dreading cell transitions) after enabling the settings. It was drastically noticable. Tested for 1 hour this morning. Now, smooth as butter. Played through the entire Soul Cairn questline, Arvak, Durnhviir battle, no hitches. In fact, I actually forgot to check my FPS, because everything was running smoothly and at no point did I experience a frame drop - not with inventory, spell effects, a dozen mobs active. These things would always give little... "hitches" or drops in FPS, and now just don't frigging happen at all. Finished the quest, zoned back to the castle, was able to immediately move without any 1.3 FPS at load into a new area.

Seriously, the reason I forgot to check actual meters is because I was just able to play the frigging game, for the first time since owning it, without being thrown out of immersion. For system reference, I'm running a quad core AMD CPU at 3.0 GHZ and 8 GB RAM, 7850 ATI card with 2GB VRAM. This is being run off of an SSD. There was NO reason for the hitches. I applied every fix I could find in STEP, every ini tweak, every setting even vaugely mentioned in some forum.

I'll update with specifics when I get home tonight. I may also re-install my ENB presets, because I'm pretty sure I'm running over 60FPS.

I've been noticing the same thing. The game feels lighter, smoother, and more responsive, indicating a higher frame rate. I haven't measured it, but I can tell it's happening. Not something I expected just from allocating more memory for the Skyrim process.

I have a really stable game, but it will usually crash after 6 or 7 minutes of Vurt's stress test. After this patch, it won't crash at all. I was adding in mods and texture packs, cranked it up to 7 ugrids; nothing huge, just trying to find my game's new "limit".

All of a sudden it dawned on me that I was getting aggravated that I couldn't crash Skyrim.

Couldn't...crash...Skyrim.

Would have NEVER believed you could string those three words together. Just an awesome fix.

This definitely works. Ran round for awhile near Whiterun, Riverwood etc. What was always noticeable before I installed this patch was the jerky slowdowns would occur when LODs where loading in the distance. Now, they load without any jerky motions. The gameplay is simply smooth. I'm yet to give this a full run out but from just 15 minutes play I can see a massive improvement.

Excellent news. I've managed to go for several hours so far without a single CTD, ILS or lockup. That's unprecedented. Did you get rid of Safety Load? You don't need it if you are using the memory patch.

Yeah I do have safety load but it is set to only work on loading screens. I don't know if it makes a difference but my load times are fast and from the few tests I've done the game is really stable after running all over the place fighting stuff as I go.

I'm really looking forward to actually playing Skyrim for once after I do some final graphics tweaks and not have to worry about CTD's. Now I can save my games periodically not because of fear for a crash but instead being killed in the game lol

Alright, I did a total re-install of this patch, and also added in ENBoost, removed safetyload, and made a few tweaks to my ini as well as a few other adjustments here and there, and it seems to be working now. before, setting ugrids to even 7 was a CTD within about 5 minutes. now, 7 is no different from 5, and I was able to run around for about 20 minutes with it set to 11 with only a few 'soft freezes' that unfroze after about a two seconds. BUUT then I got near windhelm... I started getting softfreezes every 30 seconds or so, terrible lag, and then suddenly, when it unfroze one time, form nowhere THIS happened. o__O I've never seen anything like this before.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1586vqd.jpg

I changed it back down to 9, and will see how that goes....

Hi,

Can someone please please assist me with installing this mod? I am very confused the opening as he puts update just below. In the update section of the opening I go to Phinix Natural ENB provided through the link.

Am in installing the entire mod under the instructions (ie do i foolow all thos steps) or am i just grabbing the allocation memory patch and putting that where it needs to go? If im understanding correctly I am just going to edit skse.ini file and adding the text he specifies. Is that really it? to get such a massive increase in performance. A response would really help me out as I do not want to destroy my game. I currently have realvision installed. I followed his setup on the nexus site (i.e got all the recommended mods etc)

Please help... Thxs

Edited by mmuzac