Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

For reference... Over-modded Skyrim, countless textures packs, large and small, NPC mods, NPC additional spawns, 194 plugins, 43Gb Skyrim dir. I cannot play without ENBBoost features because I reach 3.1 RAM limit on loading screen.

Did some tests with speedmult 1500, tcl, tgm, timescale 15000 and normal gameplay. Flew around the map couple of times. No Safety Load.

Before the fix:

uGridsToLoad 5, 99% stable

uGridsToLoad 7, freeze/ctd usually within 30 min

uGridsToLoad 9, 5 minutes if I was lucky

uGridsToLoad 11, infinite loading or instant freeze after

uGridsToLoad 13, didn't even bother trying

After fix:

Just to see if it works, went straight to uGridsToLoad 11...

uGridsToLoad 11, it worked, no problems

uGridsToLoad 13, it worked, however even with a I5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz, I was getting like ~20 fps and was getting too much stutter because of my HDD is not an SSD :sad:

uGridsToLoad 15, sub 20 fps, broken quests, massive loading screens, even more stuttering.. HDD can't keep up

uGridsToLoad 17, ~10fps, broken quests, even longer loading screens, reached the 3.1Gb RAM usage limit (CTD), even with ENBoost features.

uGridsToLoad 19, 3.1Gb RAM usage on loading screen (CTD), even with ENBoost features.

Conclusion... This is a miracle and you have to try it to believe it. Skyrim is FIXED, Thank you Sheson :smile:

So you are saying I can use this to get around the 3.1 limit? :O

PLEASE answer! The only unstable thing in my game is due to that f******** limit of the horrid engine :<

I love my 2k textures, even have a beefy rig.

i7 3770k

32GB RAM

GTX 670 4GB SLI (x2)

Skyrim IS on an SSD

...and yet I can't fully enjoy skyrim because I keep hitting this limit and then CTD. Skyrim performance monitor proves it :(

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. This patch has nothing to do with the 3.1GB limit. Basically what this patch does is, it increases block sizes so that they don't get filled up, witch may cause CTD or Freezes.

The 3.1GB limit will always be there, but, if you use ENBoost, or and ENB with memory reducing features you will never reach 3.1GB, unless you try REALLY hard.

For example... without ENBoost I reach 3.1GB on loading, with ENBoost I never get over 1.2GB, anywhere.

Edited by Aminados

I'll admit I was skeptical about this at first. But after being able to walk out of Dayspring Canyon without ILS issues for the first time ever - I've taken to fast travelling to a custom map marker - I'm sold.

No. This patch has nothing to do with the 3.1GB limit. Basically what this patch does is, it increases block sizes so that they don't get filled up, witch may cause CTD or Freezes.

The 3.1GB limit will always be there, but, if you use ENBoost, or and ENB with memory reducing features you will never reach 3.1GB, unless you try REALLY hard.

For example... without ENBoost I reach 3.1GB on loading, with ENBoost I never get over 1.2GB, anywhere.

Fantastic :D Thanks for the explanation.

Somehow, it seems this patch has caused a lot of issues for me. After installing it I started getting petty bad visual glitches, if I look at the ground the screen gets super dark, but any bright light and it gets SUPER bright, when IO use no ENBs or other mods that would do something like this... in addition I started getting crashes every 10~15 minutes when I normally only got them once every hour or two... Uninstalling the patch has not completely fixed the issue either it seems... I don't get it. ._.

EDIT; I confirmed it was this patch, I reloaded a clean save I made before installing and the game worked perfectly. Really bums me out this didn't work... Was hoping this was finally the thing to make uGrids stable enough for a playthrough at 7 or 9.

you HAVE to use an ENB with ENB Boost, at least thats what has been stated.

To people with problems..

Have you tried messing with block sizes?

Are you using Steam?

Are you using SKSE 1.6.16?

Is your Skyrim version 1.9.32.0?

Have you tried vanilla Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini?

Are you using "Safety Load"? If you are, remove it now, it's not needed.

Check if the block sizes have indeed changed with VMMap.

If you are using "Stable uGridsToLoad" (AKA CellStabilizer) don't change ugrids in-game, it's risky (in my game).

Maybe I'll upload a few of my own compiled dll's with different block sizes, no ini tweaks though, it's default Sheson code.

I have not tried messing with the block sizes, but yes I am using the most up to date Steam version of skyrim and SKSE. I have not tried the vanilla ini settings, but because I have put a MAAASSSIVE amount of work into my ini files.

And I am using safety load, because it works without any glitches, I'm not going to remove it for a mod that I have yet to even get to work. I don't see how it could be causing the issues I'm having, if nothing else I would just see it being redundant and pointless when combined with this mod. If I get this mod to work, I will uninstall that mod though.

And I am using vanilla uGrids settings for now.

Also, here is my system specs.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3450 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz Quad Core

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Graphics Card: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

Somehow, it seems this patch has caused a lot of issues for me. After installing it I started getting petty bad visual glitches, if I look at the ground the screen gets super dark, but any bright light and it gets SUPER bright, when IO use no ENBs or other mods that would do something like this... in addition I started getting crashes every 10~15 minutes when I normally only got them once every hour or two... Uninstalling the patch has not completely fixed the issue either it seems... I don't get it. ._.

EDIT; I confirmed it was this patch, I reloaded a clean save I made before installing and the game worked perfectly. Really bums me out this didn't work... Was hoping this was finally the thing to make uGrids stable enough for a playthrough at 7 or 9.

you HAVE to use an ENB with ENB Boost, at least thats what has been stated.

um, what are you even talking about? For one, ENBoost's speedhack function DISABLES the visual effect of any ENB, and physically CAN'T be used with one, and also I said nothing about ENBs OR ENBoost to begin with?.... :blink: Well, I mentioned that I don't have an ENB, because they are terrible, but that has nothing to do with what I was actually talking about