New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

44 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

So my game didn't have a club aka modding discussion get this error. So I made one, how do I get that to link to the nexus site now? Is that something you have to make a request with nexus? Or do they only make official clubs for games?

It would have been helpful if there was some sort of explanation or guide provided for this new form of discussions/forums beforehand, or did I miss it? X / 

I thought that there weren't any links between the mod-side of Nexus and the Forums-side any longer, even for the big games, though I may be wrong.  I hope they do have some way of linking a mod section for a game to a discussion of the game.

19 minutes ago, Eolhin said:

I thought that there weren't any links between the mod-side of Nexus and the Forums-side any longer, even for the big games, though I may be wrong.  I hope they do have some way of linking a mod section for a game to a discussion of the game.

I thought so too, but I checked Skyrim, and it does...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim

https://forums.nexusmods.com/games/page/1-welcome/

edit: in fact for the top 18 games on the nexus home page all—but Dragon Age: Origins (my game), Dragon Age: Inquisitions and Modding Tools—have their communities linked to a club/discussion. X /

Edited by HollownessDevoured

11 minutes ago, Eolhin said:

There is at least one link that I found. Go to any game on the mods side, then click from the top ribbon: Community -> Forums. For those ten big games it takes you to the corresponding game community/club, but for all other games you get that error. That's all the games minus the big ten. Strange, if you ask me.

14 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

There is at least one link that I found. Go to any game on the mods side, then click from the top ribbon: Community -> Forums. For those ten big games it takes you to the corresponding game community/club, but for all other games you get that error. That's all the games minus the big ten. Strange, if you ask me.

They may not be done linking everything yet.  I know they were still migrating some data (forums), and sorting it into the right categories.  I suppose it makes sense they would migrate and link up the big 10 first, then work on the rest.  Hopefully the linking will still happen for the smaller games as well.

Edit: It definitely doesn't hurt to poke them about it here though, just in case they were not aware that the games further down the list are not all linked up yet.

Edited by Eolhin

1 minute ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Oof, so either I made a community for nothing because it will eventually get an official one made, or my community won't get one? X /

Wish there was better communication on this : /

It definitely doesn't hurt to poke them about it here, just in case they were not aware that the games further down the list are not all linked up yet.  If they don't make one, and you did, I don't know if they will have a way to link to the game listing, or not.  If it does not happen in a day or two (by the end of the weekend, as they don't do much over the weekend), you can go to the Discord and query someone in the site feedback channel about it.  Keep in mind, they are on UK time.

Just now, Eolhin said:

It definitely doesn't hurt to poke them about it here, just in case they were not aware that the games further down the list are not all linked up yet.  If they don't make one, and you did, I don't know if they will have a way to link to the game listing, or not.  If it does not happen in a day or two (by the end of the weekend, as they don't do much over the weekend), you can go to the Discord and query someone in the site feedback channel about it.  Keep in mind, they are on UK time.

I don't have/do discord sadly X / I am am old person who does the forums thing XD

It looks like an easy link up to be honest, there is a placeholder # atm for my game (in fact all but Skyrim seem to use a unique #), and I think the link up request would either be done easily unless they do not want a member run forum/discussion/club. I really don't care about owning it, I just wanted a more accessible forum again. But I already invited the active modders that I know, and if this was a waste, I feel I wasted their time X /

Actually, I do know they are on UK time and it'd Friday (late in the day for them), worst time to try to get their attention XD I have ticked in the past and noticed their "active" times XD It is why I posted here, in case active members had insight, since I wasn't going to get official attention.

10 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

I don't have/do discord sadly X / I am am old person who does the forums thing XD

It looks like an easy link up to be honest, there is a placeholder # atm for my game (in fact all but Skyrim seem to use a unique #), and I think the link up request would either be done easily unless they do not want a member run forum/discussion/club. I really don't care about owning it, I just wanted a more accessible forum again. But I already invited the active modders that I know, and if this was a waste, I feel I wasted their time X /

Actually, I do know they are on UK time and it'd Friday (late in the day for them), worst time to try to get their attention XD I have ticked in the past and noticed their "active" times XD It is why I posted here, in case active members had insight, since I wasn't going to get official attention.

Yeah, I fear all you can do right now is wait and see if they see this and do anything, or take care of it automatically.  If they don't by Monday afternoon, post about it here again, and someone should be able to pass the request on to the Discord for you.  I am not sure there is much point doing that on the weekend.

Just now, Eolhin said:

Yeah, I fear all you can do right now is wait and see if they see this and do anything, or take care of it automatically.  If they don't by Monday afternoon, post about it here again, and someone should be able to pass the request on to the Discord for you.  I am not sure there is much point doing that on the weekend.

Yeah, I'll touch base Monday 🙂 I am just glad you guys gave some insight ty!

On 12/8/2023 at 9:43 AM, EiraValkyrie said:

Unfortunately there seems to be some issue. I don't have permission to see it, and similarly it's invisible in my profile. Edit: After double-checking, I can see that I made the topic in my activity, but I still cannot access it. It keeps saying I don't have permission to see it. I can't go into the subforum it's in either. No permission. And extensive searching has still not yielded any way to access them. It's completely blocked off for me, as if it does not exist.

Skärmbild 2023-12-08 094131.png

Would appreciate an update on this. Is this just that new forum is being processed, or did something truly get messed up with permissions