Profile Photo Issue

jeff133760

9 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your feedback. It's been very helpful in nailing down the problem. A fix is currently in development but in short, it's a problem with login sessions which explains why only some users had this problem. 

The workaround for now if you face this issue is to visit any other page on Nexus Mods Next (here's a good example). Once on this page, you'll be prompted to log in again. After that, go back to https://next.nexusmods.com/settings/avatar and you'll be able to change your avatar! 

Ha ha! It finally worked, thank you! I had to do some finagling, even with these steps, so for anyone else still experiencing the issue, this is what I did, using the linked Stardew Valley mod:

1. Open link, Nexus automatically logged me in
  2. Log out, refresh, log back in on that same Stardew Valley mod page
  3. Open avatar settings directly through the link, refresh, Nexus prompted me to log in
  4. Log in, end up at avatar settings, upload avatar
  5. ???
  6. Profit!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, manlethamlet said:

Ha ha! It finally worked, thank you! I had to do some finagling, even with these steps, so for anyone else still experiencing the issue, this is what I did, using the linked Stardew Valley mod:

1. Open link, Nexus automatically logged me in
  2. Log out, refresh, log back in on that same Stardew Valley mod page
  3. Open avatar settings directly through the link, refresh, Nexus prompted me to log in
  4. Log in, end up at avatar settings, upload avatar
  5. ???
  6. Profit!

Worked for me, thank you 🙂 

On 11/23/2023 at 2:26 AM, Pickysaurus said:

Ok so please try these steps:

1. While viewing the change avatar page, click log out in the top right.
  2. Then, go to https://users.nexusmods.com/account/profile and click "Log out" there too.
  3. This should have completely logged you out. 
  4. Log back in at https://users.nexusmods.com/ and then again on the page to change your avatar. 

I'm hoping this will work and that because you were logged in when the avatar editing feature was launched your session just needs refreshing to allow you to change it. 

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

14 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

A fix for this issue is now deployed.

The workaround should no longer be required.

Please let us know if anyone is still unable to change their avatar. 

everything seems to be in order, thanks!

On 11/28/2023 at 8:11 AM, Pickysaurus said:

A fix for this issue is now deployed.

The workaround should no longer be required.

Please let us know if anyone is still unable to change their avatar. 

I have tried three times to update my Avatar from the current image to a more festive holiday image, and nothing changes.  It says it uploads the new image and reports success, but the image remains unchanged. 

6 hours ago, ScytheBearer said:

I have tried three times to update my Avatar from the current image to a more festive holiday image, and nothing changes.  It says it uploads the new image and reports success, but the image remains unchanged. 

From what I can see (a festive Santa like Scythe Bearer) you are able to change your avatar picture.

1 hour ago, Striker879 said:

From what I can see (a festive Santa like Scythe Bearer) you are able to change your avatar picture.

I just updated mine and nothing has changed yet. I guess it may take a minute or two to update globally.

I guess the file size allowed has increased too right? the resolution of most user's images look quite poor in this new forum format xD