⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

How to report things

Jazzfrezi

Guest deleted34304850
8 hours ago, showler said:

There's a "report abuse" button on the mod page.

There's a "report" button behind the three dots at the top right of a forum post.

You can't report people unless they contact you.

If I report a mod, i do it from the report function on the mod page. i believe that doing this alerts the moderators who will investigate and by doing that, they get the mod, the author/uploader and whatever else information is required. that's how i've always done it for potentially bad mods.

for forum-stuff, anyone who has sent me obnoxious messages, or messages from spambots, i have simply reported that message and again, the moderators can extract the information they require to take any required actions.

3 hours ago, 1ae0bfb8 said:

If I report a mod, i do it from the report function on the mod page. i believe that doing this alerts the moderators who will investigate and by doing that, they get the mod, the author/uploader and whatever else information is required. that's how i've always done it for potentially bad mods.

for forum-stuff, anyone who has sent me obnoxious messages, or messages from spambots, i have simply reported that message and again, the moderators can extract the information they require to take any required actions.

Yes, but I am saying is I no longer see that report button since the forum update.

51 minutes ago, Jazzfrezi said:

Yes, but I am saying is I no longer see that report button since the forum update.

For posts and private messages - click the 3 dots (more options) on the right side of the message, you'll find the report button of those items there.

There is no report button on forum profiles (a matter I have mentioned for discussion among the staff), but if there is need to bring someone to our attention for something related purely to their profile ( inappropriate username, avatar, other content...) then feel free to message a member of the moderation team directly with your concerns.

You cannot report user profiles anymore, but that was often not very helpful anyway. 

Users would often report a profile when they should've reported the mod/image/comment/PM that contains the content they felt was against our rules. 

Please use the report button on the content the member has posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 8:24 PM, hashirshabbir said:

There are a few ways to report dodgy mods. One way is to use the report button on the mod itself. This will send a report to the mod author and the site administrators. You can also report a mod by creating a thread in the mod's forum or by contacting the site administrators directly. Be sure to include as much detail as possible in your report, such as why you think the mod is dodgy and what evidence you have.

Just to clarify, the only acceptable way to submit a report is via the various "Report" or "Report abuse" buttons around the website. We don't allow public discussion of moderation so if you post a thread "calling out" the issue you may get a warning. 

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, IKobi said:

Can someone actually bother to read what is being stated on this topic?

The buttons to report mods and content are gone, no one here is talking about reporting user profiles.

For reporting a mod the Report Abuse button is right where it has always been ... below the About This Mod section and above the Requirements and Permissions and Credits drop downs.

To report a mod comment the Report button is also right where it has always been ... top right corner of the comment you want to report.

To report a Forum post you use the three dots (  ...  ) at the top right to open the selection for either Report or Share that post (which is a change with the new Forum format).

7 hours ago, IKobi said:

Can someone actually bother to read what is being stated on this topic?

The buttons to report mods and content are gone, no one here is talking about reporting user profiles.

If the buttons don't appear then you're probably not logged in. Perhaps you can provide a screenshot?