Ignore users on main site

dferstat

On a mod's comments page, I've received a particular reply to one of my posts, and I don't like it.

I'd rather not see see any further posts from this user because:

1) they might, conceivably, upset me, and

2) I'd rather not be tempted to make a response that might be considered offensive, or in breach of forum rules.

Now, I've added this user to my Ignore list on the forum, but this doesn't seem to affect the main mods site. Is there any way to hide posts from selected users on the main site?

Guest deleted34304850
2 hours ago, dferstat said:

On a mod's comments page, I've received a particular reply to one of my posts, and I don't like it.

I'd rather not see see any further posts from this user because:

1) they might, conceivably, upset me, and

2) I'd rather not be tempted to make a response that might be considered offensive, or in breach of forum rules.

Now, I've added this user to my Ignore list on the forum, but this doesn't seem to affect the main mods site. Is there any way to hide posts from selected users on the main site?

you can report the message though?

26 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

This is not a feature we have available on the website. You can suggest it at https://feedback.nexusmods.com

Not available? Then I must be confused because I'm using it. Or may be it is a left-over from before the migration. Can you please clarify? Here's where I'm looking: on the mods page, click my avatar in the top right corner, then select Site Preferences -> Content Blocking. There you can block users, and it seems to work for their comments as well as their mods, screenshots, etc.

2 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

This feature has never blocked comments. It simply filters their mods from your search results. 

Hmm... I must have added that user to the ignore list on the forum side as well then. Up until the migration, it used to hide this person's comments on the mods side as well - which is where I normally interact with people. Does this mean that now that the forum is separate, this person's comments will suddenly be shown on the mods side as well? 😞 There was a reason I blocked them. It isn't bad enough to report and doesn't break any rules, but it upsets me and I would rather not see it. Basically what dferstat said to start with.

• 2 weeks later...