Bethesda's New Verified Creator Program

Pickysaurus

3 minutes ago, InDarkestNight said:

How many mods do you know of that DON'T require the script extender? I did try to play without skse when they first started rolling out these updates, but it meant I virtually no mods to use.

About 77000 of them, including literally every single mod ever made for a console version of the game.

I'm just going to ignore the rest of your paranoid ranting since plenty of people are running older mods with no issues at all.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then explain why I could not? I installed it, not a damned thing happened. Nothing appeared in my game, no mcm, I couldn't even find its assets through the console. Explain that if the updates aren't making mods not work? Also explain all the complaints recently about how the update has broken all models from mods?

You have multiple threads about how your computer can't run Skyrim SE going back at least a year.  Your experience means nothing.

Others might be affected by a bug that's currently being researched.  Still unknown whether it needs Bethesda or the mod manager devs to implement a fix though.  Either way, it's a bug not an attack.  

Guest deleted34304850
11 hours ago, InDarkestNight said:

Then explain why I could not? I installed it, not a damned thing happened. Nothing appeared in my game, no mcm, I couldn't even find its assets through the console. Explain that if the updates aren't making mods not work? Also explain all the complaints recently about how the update has broken all models from mods?

have you forgotten all your whiney posts about how you lack the basic ability to run the game on any machine in existence?

and how when you asked for help you were banned/blocked/ignored?

and when you were offered support, you blocked everyone who replied to you, and when asked to show how/where your posts were closed unanswered, you provided nothing at all, which made people think you were simply attention seeking?

i would say that all these posts in your history would mean that you're not at all affected by the latest update in any way, shape or form, until you figure out how to install and run the game.

There was most definitely an issue with that new Creation thing accessed via the game. Late yesterday it seemed to be functioning OK. My game did a couple of hefty downloads from Steam. There are still issues with that system though from a usability point of view. It amazes me that they don't hire someone who understands users even a smidgen...

However, that has nothing to do with the original question which was what the community thought of the 'new' (as in latest incarnation) Creation Program.

I read the document about this 'new' idea yesterday till I came to the bit about signing up to the MS whatever it is and then I left the building. This is all a personal perspective - I run Linux. 

Bethesda is now  owned by MS. Which part of Bethesda's vision MS wants to hold on is now up to MS. I shan't be buying Starfield in the foreseeable future. TES 6 is years off. If I am alive then, I'll see what I think. I shan't hold my breath about the behaviour of MS (even disguised as Bethesda). Hence the Linux...

Hmm, let's see here, what mods require skse?

LE mods that require skse

These include frostfall go figure, but also Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Beyond Skyrim Bruma, Legacy of the Dragonborn, MFG console, RDO (possibly the mod with the highest number of mods that require it), Immesive HUD, Deadly Dragons, TK dodge, Bug fixes (A STABILITY MOD), Forgotten Magic Redone, Jk's Skyrim, literally over 100 pages of mods FOR LE ALONE.

So clearly, yes, attacking skse disables all of the biggest mods. Keep in mind, the list also includes simple things like new weapons, followers, a few graphics mods. Maybe its a drop in the bucket, granted, but that doesn't change that all the biggest mods can't be used every single time bethesda launches a new attack on skse. Seriously, how can you mod the game without skse? Look up any video of people recommending load orders, and litearlly every single one of them lists multiple mods that require skse (TK dodge and Ultimate Combat seeming to be the most common). You can't use hardly anything. If you can't use skse, you may as well be trying to mod on playstation WHERE YOU ARE ACTUALLY BETTER OFF USING CC GARBAGE.

Thanks for offering counter-evidence that proves what I'm saying.

LE doesn't matter regarding an update for SE, now does it?

And I can already see a few in your list that have SKSE functions as an OPTION.  SKSE is NOT required for them to function.

edit: And, just to toss this in, the reason why so many mods either use SKSE for convenience, performance or optional features is BECAUSE USING SKSE IS NOT A BIG PROBLEM FOR ANYONE.  Very few people freak out about Bethesda issuing an update that requires SKSE to update once every year or so.

You're so far up your own conspiracy theory that you aren't even capable of realizing that Bethesda altered how Creations work so that they don't even need to update the game in order to release new Creations...which means SKSE won't be affected by those Creations being released at all.

Do you even play SE? When they started with those updates years ago, people were getting them REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAD CC OR NOT. I never bought any cc, and I was getting them too! If they're for the cc, then why is everyone getting them, and why did the skse team explicitly mention they were attacking code skse needed to work? Clearly they weren't just updating everyone's cc garbage. Also, back then they were releasing the updates faster than skse could be updated. Often times just days apart. Its why I stopped updating my game; I got sick of having to wait for literal months for the skse team to finally manage to get an update out before bethesda launched yet another attack, only for it to only work for a day or two at best before another attack came.

I did use to play SE, so I witnessed first hand what bethesda is doing. What, did I hallucinate my game refusing to run until I updated skse? Was I hallucinating this happening every time the thing updated again? Did I hallucinate mods not working FOR ANYONE unless they were within a few versions of the one they were running? I must be really messed up if I'm that out of touch with reality. How can I even function? Even more strangely, I DO. That should be impossible! I guess I must be hallucinating that I actually have internet, that I have power, that I haven't died of starvation yet. I must be a catatonic schizophrenic to be as out of touch with reality as I am! That must mean you too are a hallucination. So if what you're saying is true, then you clearly don't actually exist.

edit: I'm being satirical in case you can't realize that.

Edited by InDarkestNight

You vary between delusional, self-centered and straight out lying.  So let me lay it out for you.

When Creation Club was introduced the basis of it was that Bethesda worked with mod creators to make the Creations.  The Creations were then saved up and released in batches.  Often, those Creations would require new functionality to be added to the game. That functionality had to be added to the base game because they were game engine changes.  Also, Bethesda always made any new functionality they added available for modders to use as well.  This means that the game got updated for everyone so that the functionality would be available for everyone (and they usually tossed in some bugfixes at the same time.)  Any time the game engine changes, FOR ANY REASON, SKSE breaks...and that is BY DESIGN from the SKSE developers because they need to confirm/correct the addresses for the code insertion.

In the very beginning they realized there would be a problem with how they were releasing Creations that would cause SKSE to have to be updated more than needed so BETHESDA made changes to correct that.

I DEFY YOU to show me any place where the SKSE team indicated that they saw this as an attack.  The SKSE team work with Bethesda to make the transitions as easy as possible and they appreciate this outreach by Bethesda.  They understand how things work.

There have been times when multiple updates have come out in quick succession due to bugs being found that needed to be fixed.  There have also been times when more than a year has passed without an update.

Guest deleted34304850
52 minutes ago, InDarkestNight said:

Do you even play SE? When they started with those updates years ago, people were getting them REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAD CC OR NOT. I never bought any cc, and I was getting them too! If they're for the cc, then why is everyone getting them, and why did the skse team explicitly mention they were attacking code skse needed to work? Clearly they weren't just updating everyone's cc garbage. Also, back then they were releasing the updates faster than skse could be updated. Often times just days apart. Its why I stopped updating my game; I got sick of having to wait for literal months for the skse team to finally manage to get an update out before bethesda launched yet another attack, only for it to only work for a day or two at best before another attack came.

I did use to play SE, so I witnessed first hand what bethesda is doing. What, did I hallucinate my game refusing to run until I updated skse? Was I hallucinating this happening every time the thing updated again? Did I hallucinate mods not working FOR ANYONE unless they were within a few versions of the one they were running? I must be really messed up if I'm that out of touch with reality. How can I even function? Even more strangely, I DO. That should be impossible! I guess I must be hallucinating that I actually have internet, that I have power, that I haven't died of starvation yet. I must be a catatonic schizophrenic to be as out of touch with reality as I am! That must mean you too are a hallucination. So if what you're saying is true, then you clearly don't actually exist.

edit: I'm being satirical in case you can't realize that.

I don't think any of that is satire.