A Fix for All Plugins Disabling after 1.6.1130

Pickysaurus

23 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

The Cause

The issue is caused by Engine Fixes. Specifically the "Part 1" file. One of the features of this mod allows achievements to be unlocked with mods installed. When this feature attempts to hook into the game, it encounters an error which causes the engine to disable all plugins. This seems to be a form of "safe mode" the game goes into after a crash. 

The Workaround

To avoid this issue, you simply need to open the file "Skyrim Special Edition/Data/SKSE/Plugins/EngineFixes.toml" in a text editor. Find the [Patches] section, then locate the line EnableAchievementsWithMods and change the value to false. It should look a little like this:

OK, I installed Engine Fixes and reloaded the new skse manually from silverlock.org and it did do some serious recognition of the skse almost like it was fixed to run like I had it before the update.

BUT... Starting the game with either SkyrimSELauncher or what I want to use, skse_64loader a dialog box appears -InvalidOperationException(version library error:file not found (NetScriptFramework.SkyrimSE.1_6_1130_0.bin)!)

I will now reboot the computer... it did fix dlls not loading and skse recognition!

I got beyond those problems with Engine Fixes and Pickysaurus' advice on editing EngineFixes TOML.

Just now have the netscript problem not allowing Skyrim to start.

4 hours ago, showler said:

The update is working.  The mod that relies on SKSE is not.

Anyway, I'm reporting back to Pickysaurus that the Engine Fixes, fixed skse recognition and dlls not loading but still a bit strange.

(I really came here to say to others that Pickysaurus is right, to install Engine Fixes if you have not, and or update steamapps>common>Skyrim Special Edition>

Data>SKSE>plugins>EngineFixes TOML as Pickysaurus says!)

Yeah, the update is really working. The Steam play failed, the SkyrimSELauncher failed the SKSE64 _loader failed BUT after turning off a Netscript inclusion

I found all my saves now corrupt and unuseable so started a new game and was able to do that. I was thrilled to find myself in the wagons driver seat going to Helgen.

The wagon in front of me was empty, voices were normal behind me but I could not see the horse thief or Ulfred and wow... just before going in to Helgen the gates were shut!

The wagon in front came disconnected from the horse and crashed in to the closed gates. Then my wagon hit that wagon and tipped over. The horse kept running on top of the 

wreck same height as the ramparts where the guards were and were exclaiming "By Yshmere, what a crappy driver!"

"But you did not open the gates", I said The guard said "Only because the gates did not get skse support!"

What an update over my previous game! Yep, thats the driver's footboard I'm staring at. I'll try again, it is better, LOL.

Gameplay, one minute stalled at the gates. I was able to use esc and quit a vast improvement, thanks Pickysaurus

I'm recovering!

new2.png

new4.png

new3.png

• Like 1

I should mention about .NET Script Framework that I had it in my load order because No Grass In Objects wanted it.

It could not reference the new skyrim 1.6.1130 and produced a warning dialog box and the game did not even begin to load

no matter which of three methods to boot I used.

So I just disabled it for now and Skyrim started.

failed.PNG

3 hours ago, Arlodon said:

I should mention about .NET Script Framework that I had it in my load order because No Grass In Objects wanted it.

It could not reference the new skyrim 1.6.1130 and produced a warning dialog box and the game did not even begin to load

no matter which of three methods to boot I used.

So I just disabled it for now and Skyrim started.

failed.PNG

.NET Script Framework hasn't been updated for two years.  It is not compatible with v1.6.xx.  Therefore, NGIO isn't either.  You can still use your generated grass cache with this mod, however.  Grass Cache Helper NG

9 hours ago, Zanderat said:

.NET Script Framework hasn't been updated for two years.  It is not compatible with v1.6.xx.  Therefore, NGIO isn't either.  You can still use your generated grass cache with this mod, however.  Grass Cache Helper NG

Yes, good thing because I really wasn't using NGIO cache and have other fixes that work, thanks...

I think the xLODGen/DynDOLOD instructions wanted me to make a cache to load grass with NGIO but I am busy just getting my game back to somewhat normal.

I'm giving an update to the new game I am achieving.

The new game was successful, ran normal to the headsman and beyond.

At the point of starting Skyrim 1.6.1130.0.8 there were no skse warnings until after selecting New.

The warning was SKSE64 and SkyUI was not running, I went ahead and continued, everything ran for me as far as graphics and the familiarity

of my previous game version despite this. I miss SkyUI, I hope to get that back .

Some minor things are missing, I can play and the MCM shows up but is blank though at start of new game

loading of MCM mods was present in the upper left corner of the screen.

I'm not sure what UI this is I have. BUT good to have this much back to have and play, I had some funny cheat additions like no fall damage and infinite jump

that allowed me to fly using Better Jumping... those are missing. I'm part of the common rabble now.

OK, so all this was using SkyrimSELauncher to boot up. I will report back if using SKSE64_Loader works or works differently.

I have both in the main games folder without complaints, I have the current silverlock.org 2.2.5

OH... I had a weapons mod I had made with Creation kit, before CK was updated and it is working. 

Helgen chests are slow to display contents and whatever ui graphics these are, this could be better for gameplay...

I will go test another boot using v2.2.5 SKSE64_Loader.

• Like 1

OK, this was why I previously deleted Engine Fixes from my load order.

This does not allow me to test starting Skyrim with SKSE64_Loader.

As of now I am better off keeping Engine Fixes and using SkyrimSELauncher.

It seems over a year or better since I could not fix the trampoline and deleted Engine Fixes and never looked back until the 1.6.1130 update.

So I need to shut off: achievements when using mods,... a different way and delete Engine Fixes.

I am good for now to doddle around with an injured game and wait for patches. Good enough.

Captain, what should we do? He's not on the list!

failed startup.PNG

• Haha 1

Tried the changes to Engine Fixes, updated everything and followed all of the how to fix after Beth fubared everything, dotted the i's and crossed the t's...still crashes as soon as I hit the SKSE launcher. Which sucks since I'm just finishing a conversion of a player home (with permission by it's original author) and can't even test it. So either I sit and wait for this unwanted mess to be fixed, or I have to downgrade/go GOG since all of my mods worked well prior to this unwarranted and unasked for update.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NightWolfTAW said:

Tried the changes to Engine Fixes, updated everything and followed all of the how to fix after Beth fubared everything, dotted the i's and crossed the t's...still crashes as soon as I hit the SKSE launcher. Which sucks since I'm just finishing a conversion of a player home (with permission by it's original author) and can't even test it. So either I sit and wait for this unwanted mess to be fixed, or I have to downgrade/go GOG since all of my mods worked well prior to this unwarranted and unasked for update.

I know exactly how you feel, and have the same thoughts and contemplations, exactly. I loved my previous game and worked very hard to return to it. 

The Engine Fixes .ini edit really worked for getting oh maybe 65% back working but it went ass over tea kettle as I tried to play, it is now dead.

• Sad 1