Mod request

IchigoLazer75

It was a nightmare before Skyrim gave us the file needed to do it in the GECK, if I remember rightly everything had to be imported into Oblivions' Construction Set and done there. I did this as a test some years back and it wasn't that difficult...

• 3 weeks later...

Generating lip files isn't difficult, but you do need a file from either the Skyrim or Oblivion CK.

The file is named "FonixData.cdf" and you need it in data\sound\voice\processing and if you don't have Skyrim or Oblivion you can get the file here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61248

Your voice files need to be in .wav format. If you want to save some disk space you can convert the wav files to ogg and remove the wav files after the lip files have been generated. Generally this isn't so much of an issue these days since much larger disk drives are common now.

Of course you still have the issue of where to get the voice files in the first place. That's a show stopper for a lot of people. If you are a popular modder then you can probably convince some folks to donate their time for voice acting for free. If you're not so popular, you can chop up bits of existing dialog with audacity to create a lot of things, though you are going to be limited to what words and phrases are actually said in existing dialog. You can also find some voice files at sites like Freesound.org.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:11 AM, IchigoLazer75 said:

Well, it was a mod, not anything offical.  So it wouldn't really require permission from Koei Tecmo... though they could CD it at anytime lol.  Just like any company can do with any fan content.

I don't know why some people don't understand this, but it doesn't matter if it's official or not. Copyright is copyright.

• Like 1