How can we search in mod page threads?

Mookeylama

thanks showler! that's a bummer tho. anyone know when that'll be available again? it's definitely "when" and not "if" right? surely that'd not completely get rid of search on a site this immense

• 2 months later...

Can anybody please tell me how to do a site specific google search on the comments of a specific mod? I have tried Site: nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1227?tab=posts and variations of that, but google searches all of nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2, not just the  comments of that particular mod. From the search results I would say that google doesn't even see the mod comments?

13 hours ago, Aloyse said:

Can anybody please tell me how to do a site specific google search on the comments of a specific mod? I have tried Site: nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/1227?tab=posts and variations of that, but google searches all of nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2, not just the  comments of that particular mod. From the search results I would say that google doesn't even see the mod comments?

Please see the post above yours. We've addressed this in that news post. Search is currently unavailable but will be returning at some point 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 10:29 PM, showler said:

It may not work on comments since the change.  I'm not even sure where the comments are accessed from anymore.

So I guess that means your work-around isn't a work-around anymore.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:30 AM, Pickysaurus said:

Please see the post above yours. We've addressed this in that news post. Search is currently unavailable but will be returning at some point 

I wasn't asking about the search function in general, I was asking specifically about the google search work-around  indicated in the second post of this thread, which isn't mentioned in the linked news article at all.

However in the linked news article it says about this feature: "The ability to search mod comments will return in early 2024." so that should be very soon? When I said at work in December that something would be done early next year, I had to deliver in January, I managed to get away with February once, because of extended sick leave, but March wasn't considered early in the year anymore. 😜