Conflict between Starfield beta and SFSE

r0K5an

I have just updated Starfield to it's beta patch on Steam. I have over 40 mods on my game, but when I try to start the game on Vortex I get a warning saying "You are using Starfield version1.8.87, which is out of date and incompatible with this version of SFSE (0.2.1). Update to the latest version." What do I have to do to fix this issue? If I start the game using Steam there is another warning that prompts some mods will be missing but the game starts and some mods are still running. Suggestions please.

12 hours ago, r0K5an said:

"You are using Starfield version1.8.87, which is out of date and incompatible with this version of SFSE (0.2.1). Update to the latest version."

The beta is version 1.8.87.  The current game version is 1.8.88.  Stop using the beta.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, xrayy said:

so what is the purpose of the beta for a gamer if urged to deactivate all extender dependent mods ?

Why do you think Bethesda cares about an unofficial, third party mod?  They are giving you a chance to preview upcoming changes, because it gives them free feedback on possible issues as well as free press on how they are "dedicated to making the game better".  Unofficial mods are not even on their radar. 

Meanwhile the Script Extender authors aren't going to update for a beta that might make several changes prior to being folded into the official game.  They have been very clear about this, across multiple games. 

Betas break mods.  If you have mods that require SE, you skip the beta and wait for the official patch and the SE update.

i do not think they care at all. a beta test for random gamers is nonsense imho. it is not good for the gamer and not a reliable solution for bethesda.