Forum Reputation System Enabled

Demorphic

To encourage our more engaged forum users and raise visibility over positive and helpful interactions, we have enabled the reputation system.

The reputation system enables users to earn reputation points when other users react to their content. A user's community-wide reputation total is shown next to their content and in their profile, and counts towards features such as the "Popular Contributors" content block and Leaderboard ranking.

Leaderboards can be seen inside the activity tab in the top menu:

menu.JPG.ca25b2198e949bb42c649746d583fe4a.JPG

You can react to posts now in the bottom right corner of the post:

like.JPG.fb3b6e98154997c25aa9e2a6a939eee1.JPG

We will evaluate its use and impact after a few weeks. If it's not a generally well received, we can always switch it off again. Feel free to discuss it here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder why we can't see who liked our posts? It just says that so many people reacted to my post. I would like to know who shares my opinion by name. 😅
Personally I am not a fan of any reputation systems and those leaderboards are not my cup of tea, but that's just me.

• Like 1

I don't mind the reactions because you can acknowledge a post without replying to it. Leaderboard is meh, so far it is populated with the people I react to most, because I react a lot, I guess. It really doesn't mean much IMO especially ATM, still early days, but "most posts" leaderboard is the same thing, so you reply a lot... But I think they removed badges (I don't think I have any) and replaced with this instead.

If reputation was more a way to know if a person is more of a troll, rude (but not rude enough to report) or helpful at a glance, would be more helpful. Then you can avoid getting in arguments with those types of people.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 12:52 AM, Jenya66 said:

I wonder why we can't see who liked our posts? It just says that so many people reacted to my post. I would like to know who shares my opinion by name. 😅

Agreed.

There could be an option to click on the number of reactions, which would bring up a list of people who gave that reaction. That's how it works on the forum I frequent the most. It can be interesting to see who reacted to what, and not just to one's own posts, either.
It can even be useful for moderators, e.g. to see who reacted to a problematic posts. Speaking from personal experience here. Granted, they may already have the ability to see that here, for all I know.

Edited by Chadonraz

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if you can disable (I know you can according to the Invision Community site), the "Show a badge on the profile of the day's winner". I mean I think we should disable all leaderboard stuff but at the least that? 

ALdA96E.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HollownessDevoured said:

I was wondering if you can disable (I know you can according to the Invision Community site), the "Show a badge on the profile of the day's winner". I mean I think we should disable all leaderboard stuff but at the least that?

I haven't seen that badge. But I agree that the leaderboards are unnecessary. Keep the reactions though. They are fun.

• Like 1