⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[Bug?] Top "Hot Mods" mods fully falling off showcase list for seemingly no reason.

I had a mod that was 1# on the Hot Mods showcase, then after getting even more downloads and endorsements that day it fully fell off (not even a placement shift to lower of the showcase first) and a mod with less endorsements, less unique downloads, less total downloads, less views took it's place. I literally thought someone deleted my mod at first.

Then that mod fully fell off the list (not even a placement shift to lower of the showcase either). Both under 20 days old from release.

But a mod with a third of endorsements and about 30% as much downloads as mine is still on the showcase (though lower on the showcase).

Last time I had a mod that was on the "Hot Mods" showcase, it at least shifted to a lower spot in the showcase before fully falling off but usually it only fell/falls off after 30 days since release. It is an older game so the Hot Mods showcase doesn't have much to choose from, and shifts aren't very frequent.

This seems buggy?

I still see your mod in the hot files: 

image.thumb.png.bca5ed6d6da92cdda9f441b7a2202154.png

Are you blocking any tags? Is it possible you're blocking a tag that your own mod has, and that's why you're not seeing it?

7 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Can you please include a link to the mod in question? It's possible it's simply too old to be displayed anymore. 

Sorry, yes: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/6077

It crept back up after 2 days, but I do not think it should have fully fell off in the first place. 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:02 AM, Dark0ne said:

I still see your mod in the hot files: 

image.thumb.png.bca5ed6d6da92cdda9f441b7a2202154.png

Are you blocking any tags? Is it possible you're blocking a tag that your own mod has, and that's why you're not seeing it?

No, I am not blocking any tags, at least that I know of and it crept back up after 2 days (because it is trending/doing pretty ok) but I still think it fully falling off was a bug, a shift down would have made sense before falling off (#1 to eliminated just seems off, especially happening to the mod after mine). But the other mod that fell off still missing and that mod is/was doing better than at least that 1 low endorsement/low download mod I mentioned which is still in the showcase.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

7 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Did it not simply have the same or fewer endorsements than the next mod in the list? I am not sure exactly how the mods sort when multiple have the same endorsements count.

The mods looked popular, higher endorsements, higher downloads, then bamb, bamb 2 placed #1 hot mods fully fell off to shift forward from seeming less popular mods. Maybe there is some algorithm that highest downloads and more downloads play no part in? But at first glance it looked like the lower mid level mods are anchored to stay but not actually place in the top to spot. But the top #1 spot once __________ (whatever reason you don't place first) you cannot shift down, you can only fall off to try again to climb?

I just don't think you have an opportunity to be sure if Hot Mods are buggy or not, unless it is a slow moving mod releasing game. I just remember last time I released a mod it never fully fell off the list (it just shifted placement) from the first couple days of release to after it's 30 days were up. 

So I understand it's not super clear but the hot files show most endorsements over 7 days for mods that have been uploaded in the last x days (for DAO the x is also 7). 

So let's say you get 10 endorsements on day one, on day 8 those first 10 are no longer counted.

There should have still be a downshift instead of a fall off. At the time my mod was #1 it had 7 endorsements (and the newest mod compared to the other 2 cases mentioned), the mod after (which fell off after) had 6. I log on the next day and saw I had 8 endorsements (so endorsements were still coming in). But I am not on the list at all, but the one with 6 is at #1 and that mod I keep referring to with 3 is now displaying but at the bottom row.

But next day the mod with 6 endorsements is fully gone too, no downshift. 2-3 days later and my mod only getting 2 more endorsements, it gets back on the lowest point of the list, where the mod with 3 still anchored higher even than the other mods with the same or more endorsements and newer than even my mod in some cases (so they received more endorsements in a shorter time frame compared to the 3 endorsement mod). My mod gets 11th endorsement, I finally bypass the 3 endorsement mod, yes, that mod has not received any more endorsements at all this whole time. The mod with 6 now has 8 and is finally back on the list at the lowest place.

IMHO if this is working as intended it is flawed, worst case my mod and the other one, should have downshifted first before falling off, just as climbing works it is fighting for #1. We are still in the race but instead you cut off exposure of a trending mod, because of the smallest gap of endorsements per day? Just something you guys may want to look into.

This must be a bug, that low endorsed mod still hasn't gained any more endorsements, and it bypassed (or more just stayed still) my mod again even though I am still get endorsements. But at least this time my mod downshifted instead of falling off. This makes very little sense.