New Update v1.10 Bug or Feature?

Zanderat

With the latest update, I am getting exclamation points next to almost all my mods that have overwrite rules.  This is in addition to the green lightning bolt.  Previously, I only saw the exclamation points if I changed an individual file within a mod that contradicted the overall load order.  This now looks weird and I am concerned that my load order is no longer correct.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Hey Zanderat,

Thanks for your post, this is indeed a new feature but should only appear between mods of different modTypes with detected conflicts. Vortex uses the rules you've set to define which modType shouldn't deploy certain files. I need to refresh my memory regarding how the Morrowind extension works and what modTypes it uses - but I'm assuming this is just the new modType system doing its job.

Can you please backup your deployment manifest before deploying with 1.10.2 so that we can confirm that the correct files are being deployed?

Please do send me a friend invite on Discord `nagev_` we can debug this live if you're available.

I'll be on Discord later.  But  I am also seeing this with SSE, too.  This can't be right.  Pretty much every green lightning bolt has an exclamation point.  Whereas before, I only saw them if an individual file within a mod contradicted the rest of the load order.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Yes.  It does.  That's what's weird.  Why would the exclamation point appear if all the individual files follow the overall mod load order rules?  It worked well before to highlight when an individual file didn't follow the overall rule.

Good glad to hear as that means that your mod setup should be functional - lets figure out why the exclamation point is showing up. Are all of the mods present in the file override dialog of the same modType ?

The right hand panel shows "select" as mod type.  None of these mods are enb or engine injector.

Will this work?  Spider Web overwrites Particle Patch for all individual files.

New Bitmap Image.jpg