User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

The author's page clearly lacks options for mod sorting. I think an ascent/descend function would be nice and some customization to preferable number of rows. I hope "My mods" page would still have functionality to hide/delete mods as well as showing comment and media count as it does now.
Also current "Games" tab is not useful nor informative. Favourite games with small tiles would be more useful for everyone.
And lastly I was wondering if can have background on nexus profiles as we do on forum profiles. I am a sucker for profile customization options.

Why is it just so... huge? As a feature on it's own that'd be fine if it was also compact, but there's also so much wasted space. As a whole every element could be shrunk by like 10% and pushed together a little more and it'd be great.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Halotroop0 said:

Why is it just so... huge? As a feature on it's own that'd be fine if it was also compact, but there's also so much wasted space. As a whole every element could be shrunk by like 10% and pushed together a little more and it'd be great.

Shrunk by 20% was better IMO. This was my fix sample with overall 20% size reduction.

• Like 1

i'm at page 20 of this forum tread

i go to mod i wanna get from my profile

i take it

i click back few times

i need to scroll again whenever i quit modding for the day and comeback

if your idea to make collections better is making mod pages harder to use...

i don't really like it, Page system is very optimal because if my internet s#*! the bed i can load page 20 and go back where i was

page loading also limit data usage to content of the page

LOOK AT IT!

nwew.thumb.png.d7bccf3386e00bc2895b26449313f846.png

i don't criticize it for being NEW, i prefer new style for tiles, i just like having more information about what i came for MODS

gooddesign.thumb.jpg.31b47ef748049aa10af24248dadc056c.jpg

Maybe they decided to make page better across all devices? and windows PCes will just take the hit for it?

why.thumb.jpg.6e07a5fd543f5193be5235396e51e3ca.jpgmobileold.thumb.jpg.7a24d51fbbeef436ba7489becc2eebb6.jpg

NOPE

someone got paid to made page worse?

• Like 3

Quick feedback after some testing...

Generally not a better experience compared to the old design. Leaves much rooms for improvement.

• Switching between tabs (About Me, Mods, Collections, Media) is too slow. Took me a while (about 3-5 secs) before the list of mods or the user's activity loads. Compared to the classic design which is instant. For reference, this is the Google Pagespeed result: https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis/https-next-nexusmods-com-users-18798864/u9dzi4b20z?use_original_url=true&form_factor=desktop ; and this is the average connection in my country: https://www.speedtest.net/result/15958132430
  • Still on tabs: it's better if switching between tabs don't make the page jumps to the top. Unnecessary scroll down. Browser: Brave Browser 1.47.186 (Chromium 109.0.5414.119) - update 23 February 2024
  • The typefaces are too large. Too much white space. Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/Lnd3oOM I know we're living in an age of screen real estate but in classic scrolling down a little bit already brings me to plenty of content. In this redesign I have to scroll for a while before I get to click even the tabs.
  • The same goes to the sidebar. What's the point of having such a gigantic space for the username? And the gigantic profile picture. Keep it snappy as before. The column width itself is also a bit too much. Provide more room for the content.
  • Still on sidebar: user's Last Active is too important to be put that down below. Sometimes I just want to check if the author's still around then return to the previous page. Now I have to scroll. One unnecessary extra step.
  • The "Recent Activity" tab has much less information compared to the classic design: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/200085263 
    • In the classic one we can see what they endorse, what part of their mod that they updated, what image they uploaded, etc. In the new one we only have "Mod update". That's not helpful at all.
    • Maybe it's better to split the "Recent Activity" tab into two: As a User and As an Author. So the user tab we have user activities like friending someone, uploading images, endorsing mods, etc. In the mod author tab we have activities like what aspect of the mods that they updated. 
  •  
  •  
Edited by Xaliber13
  • Like 3

i think i found reasonable solution:

movethis.thumb.png.9ec52a83cc96bebb677ab0d9c490d0b6.png

By moving donation button here on top

and making profile static

you could squize 4th row of mods into the page

it would solve 2 problems at once:

page would display more mods, but not as many as before...but hey

and my avatar will not follow STALK people as they browse my mods

following them everywhere with DONATE button

i do love small Avatar pics on top of the mods, but moving avatar is too much

• Like 2

I like it, but I would prefer to be able to sort mods by "Recently Updated". That might be what "Recently Added" implies, but I can't be sure.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback, I appreciate it