User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

25 minutes ago, Qrsr said:

Why do we even have to discuss this its like the entire site is build by non-modding designers right now.

This is how I am feeling, I mean I know the users are the customers, but the modders are providing the free product (and I don't even opt into DP), I think we would be in more consideration. 

If anything for every modder who votes how mod pages/mod file structure/mod anything works should be look; should have more weigh-in that just an average user viewer/downloader. Not that users are not appreciated (you have no idea how much I try to appease and please users modding wise), but interface wise I am at the site editing mod pages/articles for hours (yes hours, some days on and off 12+ hours when about to publish/republish/rework a mod) and viewing my profile page to make it more and more user appeasing but as the modder's perspective. 

So eye bleeding contrast, oversized displays, unwanted displays, mobile looking "upgrades" isn't exactly a visual improvement. Though I am sure as a dev the site upgrades are heavily needed on their end for maintenance and upkeep. As someone who spends way too much time on this site, to express my modding passion—I feel a little like modders' perspective is being downplayed. And I am overly voicing this now (sorry if I am overly squeaky wheeling this) it's because my actual worry is more mod pages and articles. If we can't nail down profiles mod display I will be very worried as what is to come!

If you are actually disagree with this I'd say you are actually not on the site as long as active modders are. Or have not actively modded and managed mods enough to understand. Sorry for ranting but this is really bumming me out X /

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 1

The UI isnt bad the real interesting features which we have "discussed" many times are still not unlocked. Copy paste old layout, its damn easy, tbh...

This discussing is about 1 month old, some improvements yes, but hey, with this kind of progress in 1 month, this will take forever.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Qrsr said:

The UI isnt bad the real interesting features which we have "discussed" many times are still not unlocked. Copy paste old layout, its damn easy, tbh...

This discussing is about 1 month old, some improvements yes, but hey, with this kind of progress in 1 month, this will take forever.

I think when fandom/wikia migrated to their new platform it took about a year. I contacted CS so much over the bugs and issues, I think over the entire migration. I honestly, think he prioritized my issues because compared to regular CS issues I'd send and get replied to within minutes/an hour, instead of the end of the day/next day. We got on and sorted out a lot of bugs and issues so it was good for both ends.

Platform migration or "site upgrading' is a serious and extensive task, it will take as long as it takes. The difference is how long a user or users will be patient enough to run along side Nexus during the course, or if people just will complain when it's too late. Some might just stop trying to give feedback because it is taking too long.

Well the changes are good enough to use the site, and many are far better than the older UI. The black background is good, but having the option to style it based on user preference would be king.

The sorting options for mods isnt bad either it will be fixed probably anyway, it doesnt bother me to much either.

What i really looking forward to see is better collection management, both for modders and collectors like discussed in other threads. Most and foremost, which mod is part of which collections present in a simple table, an overview of all mods per modder part of a collection, and precisely by name. Everything else is uncommon to me.

Most of the UI can be circumvent, and the old UI had many bugs either... the formatting many times broke the page, etc.

I really like to see that we can upload smaller images now directly to the site, forums, that helps to present problems far more, since most of the time pictures speak more than a thousand words.

52 minutes ago, Qrsr said:

The black background is good, but having the option to style it based on user preference would be king.

You can still have black background with it not being the blackest black. #000000 vs. like a #0b0b0b, #0c0c0 or #181818 would make a world of difference and still be black or very  dark grey. Even the forums refrain from that #000000 background, and instead they used as quoting and button accents. The only time I see a professional site use a black it is not #000000, reddit night mode is #1a1a1b and it shows very little of the actual darkest shade it more frames the platform not overtaking. And I am a night mode user, just fyi.

The below is #000000 (beta background), #0c0c0, #181818, #252525. Compare the swatch to the forums then look to beta, is #000000 black really good? At best it looks ok, like my first draft of my myspace page when I was a teen/early adult XD

vydPKfK.jpg

However, I hope this means it (#000000 - black) is just placeholder shade till they refine it more later.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed that the non-forum site fonts have gotten considerably smaller very recently, or is this just me?  I do have a 27" monitor...

3 minutes ago, NexBeth said:

Has anyone noticed that the non-forum site fonts have gotten considerably smaller very recently, or is this just me?  I do have a 27" monitor...

Still fairly large IMO, I usually zoom out at 90% on classic and 80% on beta. Did you zoom out by accident?

I have a little feedback. On author page where we can see their mods. Is it possible to add like a tag or something that says you have already downloaded the mod or the mod have  updates. 

This will prevent users from having to click on  each mod to check if its already been downloaded. As the scale of mods that author release gets larger this feature will help and prove a good user experience. 

An icon like a plus (+) or an arrow will help with visual.

Edited by Casper0056
added more information

49 minutes ago, Casper0056 said:

I have a little feedback. On author page where we can see their mods. Is it possible to add like a tag or something that says you have already downloaded the mod or the mod have  updates. 

Maybe an orange icon in a corner of the picture, that echoes the orange "Downloaded" banner from the old layout.