User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

So as it has been mentioned, not a fan of the 3 column view for mods, the infinite scrolling for them (as a person with over a 100 mods that's a lot of scrolling....) and the unique downloads number being so public (a way to toggle it off would be nice at the very least).

As bug report, I tried to check on my phone how it'd look and uh, not sure if it's because of the resolution of my screen (friends with longer screens didn't have this issue) if there were more than a few mods, I got stripes.

This is with just 6

Spoiler

05497bbc6462b65dbce4d5f1ca3d7df5b7cfac17

And this is with 10 or more (my 126 in this case, you can even see how small the scrolling bar is)

Spoiler

18fe26aee32701314a418210616dfb59c8a593e3

I'm on an Iphone SE (3rd generation)

1 hour ago, commanderstrawberry said:

My drop down is showing games I have never made mods for, and none of the ones I have made mods for.

In general I am not a fan, it looks dark and squeezed horizontally compared to the old one with overlarge text. I hope an option of a 'classic theme' is added.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 155449.png

OHHHHHHHHH, so that's why Skyrim SE isn't showing up. The games there are not currently updated to show only mods made by the user, it just shows the 3 mods for EVERYBODY.

Anyway onto feedback:

* UI feels very heavy and mobile like, don't really like it.
* Most popular being the default sort setting sucks, I don't care about what the user made that is a hit, I want to see what is NEW with the mod creator.
* I don't understand the point of adding the user's profile picture on each mod, there isn't going to be another person to put there BUT the owner.
* Downloaded mods are missing the "Downloaded" or the "Update available" overlay tag, PLEASE ADD IT, IT'S A LIFE SAVER

Edited by Ozzymand

Another thing, though I do agree I think having the "downloaded/update available" tag on mods is helpful. I like not seeing it for my own mods. I once downloaded my own mod and regretted ever since, I hate seeing that tag on my own mods. But it is needed for other mods. I have suggested this but it was only ever for one's own mods. 

• Like 1

Personally, coloring is fine and I'm not opposed to renew stuff. But.

I feel that it's made to work fine with mobile or something, as it seems that the dpi settings has been thrown thru the roof.

Everything feels cluttered and clamped together with no space while everything being too big to look at. The old layout style fitted my eyes/brain better as it was smaller and clearer. 

Atm, this looks like something nvidia is doing with their control panel being humped by GF experience and how Windows itself did a disservice with their 11 gui stuff with messing everything to a barely workable order. 

I would rather stick with the old style. And I liked that the default order for mods was by upload order.

• Like 2

While I like the new approach, with changes in mind I'm BEGGING for a way to set up folders or personal collection/bookmarks of mods. I like browsing mods even when I'm in the middle of a playthrough and sometimes find ones that I'd love to install for my next new character, but have no way to really save the page of besides just bookmarking it in my browser, which is clunky at best.

5 minutes ago, Pixelmation said:

While I like the new approach, with changes in mind I'm BEGGING for a way to set up folders or personal collection/bookmarks of mods. I like browsing mods even when I'm in the middle of a playthrough and sometimes find ones that I'd love to install for my next new character, but have no way to really save the page of besides just bookmarking it in my browser, which is clunky at best.

I use the "tracking" feature for this.