User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Clean and easy to understand; it took me less than 15 seconds to figure out the layout and get a sense of the user (and that's pretty impressive since I just finshed dinner and am halfway through my second glass of cabsav.

Kudos to the team.🙌

Just tried this. Looks nice but it is not showing the correct games in the dropdown. For instance Fallout 4 and Starfield do not show in the list  when the user, Aurelianis, has numerous  mods for these games while the same user has no  mods for Mass Effect 3, Skyrim (OldRim), or  Stardew Valley all of which show up in the dropdown.

Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in and say that it looks good. I do wish you could sort by updated date, but maybe that's in the pipeline.

For now, there's a bug where the filter by game shows, randomly, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and Stardew Valley, regardless of the mod author's items:

Untitled.png.53ba561f91c8c960254687c924c65cd3.png

Thanks!

• Like 1

Comparing profile pages between old and new, and I noticed that my "mod count" is wrong (I will capture this next time I see it, example below is not an example), some mods are showing up in the classic UI, and NOT showing up in the new UI.

I also am not really liking the wasted space. The overly rounded corners, larger fonts, and wider margins makes everything feel more like a cartoon, and less professional. Also, there is less preview text available to read in the mod.

Wasted space is harder to read, harder to read is frustrating, and makes it harder to find what I need to know.

And I really, really need the "Last Updated" sort order.

Capture00.JPG

Capture01.JPG

• Like 3

Last updated should be priority when i browse person's profile

• (you might say its subjective, but nah man, if you wanna work with this guy kyanu reves or whatever you prob wanna know what he been up to recently)

you should also strive to display more mods on profile and also

Pages > infinite scroll bar

• i do my cardio on jogging, i don't wanna scroll nexus page so much to find anything
  • there is a lot of wrist related issues that intense use of computer might cause and you are not doing anybody any favors by having such scroll nightmare in place

and also this:

sothis.thumb.png.3c6242b9ace0e8c275f95098123df942.png

You should match this Verified author button with other buttons

you might also wanna reinvent WHITE color for font

Grey on dark grey, might sound like good idea until you trying to read anything

• Like 2

I love the new look and design! The only area where I would prefer the classic layout is that I liked how the classic layout for the "mods" page showed more mods per "page" (without having to scroll). In the new layout, I can only see 6 mods without having to scroll down at default webpage scaling (as compared to the classic's 10 mods per page). I think if the the icons for the individual mod pages are shrunken down a little to allow maybe 4 or 5 mods per line, it would allow for quicker access to more mods and it would perhaps be easier to locate a mod. 

• Like 1

I just tried the new profile, and it is certainly easier on the eye than the old one. Some Feedback;

- I miss some features when editing the "about me" part; like text color and Text sizes (the "heading 1-4" and "text" options are too restricted), as well as line spacing. Some of these things are available here on the forum, why not there?

- Will the background be adjustable? (might have been answered)

I appreciate your work on the profile, but I would prefer if the cut content would be prioritised. I am right now again in the situation where I have asked a question somewhere on Nexus, but I absolutely can't remember where. Please, I need the post-tracking feature desperately!