User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Hello! My new profile don't show images in Media Tab. I see that you guys already fixed the Video not displaying but Images don't show in mine. I know this is BETA, but i'm just letting you know šŸ˜ƒ

I'm thanking in advance. Nexus is amazing, keep the great work!

classic profile.png

new profile.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update! šŸ™‚ This is much better.

But still a few points to note.

The button to send a PM has disappeared. šŸ˜ž

On the mods list, the last updated date is still showing "2 years ago" instead of the actual date like in the original upload date field. I would also suggest to use a simple font instead of all caps for dates because all caps makes them too long and they don't fit on the line.

Noticed that you removed image preview area from mods with no images, this looks tacky and bad.

Now before you say "mods have to have an image to be valid" argument. Many longstanding popular and older mods for my game have no images. When this update moves to search mods with and with out images will look aesthetically uneven and unappealing; reflecting bad on the site as a whole.

Bring back the nexus placeholder or the blank you had previously from the update before.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

3 hours ago, JustThatKing said:
  • Some mod tiles have lots of empty space between the Mod name and the details. Category, author name, etc is bound to the bottom of the mod card instead of the top, which is how it was done before and is done on most sites.Ā 
    • Mod tile content is now bound to the top of the tile, reducing empty space.
  • Mods are too big now and instead of showing 5 mod tiles per line we're down to 3 tiles per line.
    • Mod tiles are now smaller and we're showing 4Ā per row.Ā 

Ā 

Sorry to be nitpicky, but still a bit too big. But much improvements none the less. And love the mod titled content bound to the top.

I still think mod tiles could be more like there were before, text is still a bit larger than before.

edit: Before you say "then just adjust your zoom", I do already on classic already, it is set to 90%, update I need to 80%, so you have increased your over all size by 10% and for those who never adjusted their zoom before most have toā€”to get the same scale as classic or those like me who do have to zoom back more.

Really, still think this should be 5, if this is going to be a reflection of mod search display, people will still be disappointed in only 4 per row instead of 5.

Lastly, as I mentioned a few times before and still not addressed, thumbnail previews do not scale/crop nicely as they did in classic, please fix.

xGZ2Y34.jpg

Edited by HollownessDevoured
see the edit paragraph, typo fixes

I can't really say I care for the author's profile picture/avatar being placed over each thumbnail of each mod on their own mod page. It feels like unnecessary visual clutter for me, personally.

Ā 

ETA: I understand these changes will come to the rest of the site at some point, so I understand why it's (likely) there to begin with. That being said, if the author's avatar was placed next to their name, a bit smaller, on the mod "card", I think it'd look infinitely better.

The most useful Nexus feature of user profiles is now missing: seeing which of their mods I have downloaded and which ones of those have been updated since I downloaded them.