User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

6 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

On the other hand, I do like that my old non-16:9 title pics aren't being cut off in the new display! 😀 

If that is kept then I'd have to re add all my mods placeholders... if not it looks overall tacky against all mods with different sized images and extra space.

5kEzxHr.jpg

Edited by HollownessDevoured

5 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

if not it looks overall tacky against all mods with different sized images and extra space.

Looks fine to me, though.  Especially since the Images section has always worked like that. 

Though I can understand having a problem with it, too.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

3 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Maybe on your personal mod page but it will look really bad when it is all mods/by search/etc.

True, it won't look as neat that way. 

Hmm, in either case, I might well go pillarbox my mod title pics myself -- or make better-placed 16:9 crops that the current design does.

12 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Not to mention the new media page squishes images now. Sorry, image scaling needs to be addressed.

Hmm, it's not squishing it for me right now:

Screenshotfrom2024-03-1914-59-21c.thumb.png.b1c9c31384c60cce3cf1c3a85ecc4ac0.png

(uncropped ↓)

Spoiler

Screenshotfrom2024-03-1914-59-21.thumb.png.0a279fbf4d241465c6d156521a1ae432.png

Edited by AaronOfMpls
cropped pic; spoilered the original

5 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

True, it won't look as neat that way. 

Hmm, in either case, I might well go pillarbox my mod title pics myself -- or make better-placed 16:9 crops that the current design does.

I'd wait till their final product on images, or else we might be personally changing them again our selves as modders. Which is why I am waiting to see what is done or not done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Hmm, it's not squishing it for me right now:

Screenshotfrom2024-03-1914-59-21.thumb.png.0a279fbf4d241465c6d156521a1ae432.png

They might have fixed it since I last reported it. I have a bunch of screenshots on hand, but I default as classic atm.

edit: I reported a bunch of stuff, hence why I have a high post count on this thread.

2 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

They might have fixed it since I last reported it. I have a bunch of screenshots on hand, but I default as classic atm.

Ahh.  I've been taking these just now.  And I'll probably swap back to the old design (for now) after.

37 minutes ago, AaronOfMpls said:

Hide contents

Screenshotfrom2024-03-1914-40-48.thumb.png.b462b7a07eb4f6e029609a4e99f14319.png

Yes, that does look really good for your mod page specifically.  But if you view mine in the beta, you'll see it doesn't look great (compared to classic). Then imagine, as I mentioned, other heterogenous sizing on a game's mod pages and search.