User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

Hey i just wanted to say that now browsing mods is definitely fine (i m still bias toward seeing 10 mods at once vs 4 and 4 halves)

however i will not stop bitching about: recently updated in mod sorting options

i wanna know what my dude been working on, not what new mod he added recently

no.png

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 2:18 AM, HollownessDevoured said:

Oh no, I do not like this. I don't even want to see hidden/unpublished, I like that being separate and hidden like in classic. And yes, delete is gone for a reason.

edit: this might even be a deal breaker for me from nexus, I cannot have my hidden/deleted mods shown of my mod mod page. To me it is my showcase. No one cares about my user's mod page more than me. So to see all my hidden shames, old versions and delete mistakes is just upsetting.

I take is as a personal assessment/overview of my mod production, and as a modder I am over critical of my work, but usually I am pretty happy about it (on classic). But this change makes me feel bad about my modding in general—so why would I want to stay to mod here?

For the love of gawd keep "my content" dashboard sperate from "profile: user files" showcase.

On 3/24/2024 at 2:14 AM, LenaWolfBravil said:

Please remove deleted mods from the profile. I deleted them so that I would not have to be bothered with them! Especially since there is no way to undelete them. What's the point in having them there?

Hidden and unpublished mods are of course completely different - those CAN be made public.

All of these mods status are only viewable as you own the content. Other users cannot seen hidden, unpublished and deleted content on your profile. 

19 hours ago, SCARaw said:

Hey i just wanted to say that now browsing mods is definitely fine (i m still bias toward seeing 10 mods at once vs 4 and 4 halves)

however i will not stop bitching about: recently updated in mod sorting options

i wanna know what my dude been working on, not what new mod he added recently

no.png

As we have said before, recently added will return as the default sort, with the option to change that depending on the preference you set. Other sorting options will be returning too. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JustThatKing said:

All of these mods status are only viewable as you own the content. Other users cannot seen hidden, unpublished and deleted content on your profile. 

It's not about the other users - I understand that they cannot see it. It is about providing mod authors with tools to manage their content.

Will the profile page eventually replace current "My Mods" page? Or are you planning a completely different page for "My Mods"?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

It's not about the other users - I understand that they cannot see it. It is about providing mod authors with tools to manage their content.

Will the profile page eventually replace current "My Mods" page? Or are you planning a completely different page for "My Mods"?

The "My Content" page will be moved across to the new backend system in the future., the same as all the other pages. We aren't planning on removing it. 

2 hours ago, JustThatKing said:

While hidden and unpublished mods there will be quite useful since you won't have to go to a separate page ("My Mods") to see them, showing removed mods there doesn't make any sense. They just clutter the space and you can't do anything with them. You can't even undelete them in which case it would make sense, you can only see them with the "removed" status. Or at least make it possible to hide them if you by some reason want to make them visible to the mod author. In my own profile they take like half of the space, since i have plenty of them. The only good thing about removed mods being displayed is the nostalgia when i saw my first mods from 2018-2019 that i removed, but i also had reasons to remove them and i don't want to see them each time i open my profile.

39 minutes ago, JustThatKing said:

The "My Content" page will be moved across to the new backend system in the future., the same as all the other pages. We aren't planning on removing it. 

So "My Content" (called "My Mods" from the ribbon menu on the mods site, by the way) is the place for mod authors to manage their content. Ok. Then I still don't see the point of having deleted mods listed on the profile, since they cannot be undeleted.

My question about "My Content"/"My Mods" page was rather about the layout. Is it going to follow the same layout as the profile? Or is it going to be completely different? Because if it is going to be based on the profile, then it is important to get the profile right also for your own pages, not just for other people's pages.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

^This.

edit: and it looks bad.

5 hours ago, JustThatKing said:

Sorry, that isn't the point of course users can't see it.

Profile user file pages are showcases; not a file dashboards/managing tool.

Honestly, I want user profile page to look as if it was for all users so I don't have to log out to see it. I as a modder sometimes review the classic profile/files page to see if I want to update placeholder images and such to keep it clean and attractive looking, I cannot do that under the beta version and really, makes me hate the page all together. Not to be a negative Nelly over this but it is beyond the ugly for me.

Also to bring it up yet again, the beta is too dark (even compared to the forums). Is it possible to make the darkest colour the endorsement/view/kudos button colour? The intense black almost taking up the entire page is too much of a contrast different even compared to other night mode themes displays for google chrome, reddit, etc. I mean unless you are bringing back your background or something.

Edited by HollownessDevoured
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Profile user file pages are showcases; not a file dashboards/managing tool.

Why do we even have to discuss this its like the entire site is build by non-modding designers right now.

• Thanks 1