Texture appears black in the Construction Set but works fine in-game

I'm working on a new mod and I'm editing textures for the first time. I've edited the Imperial City banner texture and attached said texture to a new .nif file using the Texture Replacer program.
I saved the texture as a DXT5 interpolated alpha.

In-game the texture works fine and so does the normal map but the CS displays it as completely black. Should I be worried about this?

banners01.JPG

banners02.jpg

4 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

How does it look in the CS when you turn off bright light? That's a better test. Bright light sometimes distorts the way things look in game.

Black means your normal map isn't quite right though.

It's still pitch black even if I turn off the bright light. It's strange cause I didn't edit the normal map at all, only the texture.

5 minutes ago, IcelandicPsychotic said:

It's still pitch black even if I turn off the bright light. It's strange cause I didn't edit the normal map at all, only the texture.

But you gave the texture a different file name, right? What is the file name of the original, of your new texture and of the normal map?

3 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

But you gave the texture a different file name, right? What is the file name of the original, of your new texture and of the normal map?

Yes, the original texture is named icbanner01.dds and its normal map is icbanner01_n.dds

The name of the new texture is OIbanner.dds and the normal map is named OIbanner_n.dds

The normal map is the same file for the IC banner. I just coped it and renamed it to fit my new .nif file.

6 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Yes, this all seems correct. I see nothing wrong with it. Well, I suppose if it shows up Ok in game, then just leave it. Unless someone else has a better idea... 😛

I guess it's just the good old CS being its janky self, haha. 😁

Try beginning the texture and normal map names with a letter rather than a number and see if it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Striker879 said:

Try beginning the texture and normal map names with a letter rather than a number and see if it makes a difference.

The texture names start with an "O", not a zero. 😁

1 hour ago, RomanR said:

According to this topic this can happen in CS when the texture dimensions aren't power of two - 2,4,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024 etc. However I can't tell if it applies to other parts (normal maps etc.) too.

Strange. I didn't change the dimensions of the texture, I only added the tower-skull thing below the symbol of the Empire. Maybe the added images need to be in the power of two as well?