Translations without permission

A large number of mods from here are being translated into Russian without permission or contact, and posted on a Russian website. Watch out, this is an adult website, scroll down past all the ladies to see the mods here.

I believe that from a strictly legal point of view they can do what they like, but from a human point of view it is very unpleasant to find your mod translated without permission. (And yes, a few of those mods are mine.)

I am wondering what is the policy of Nexus Mods in this situation. The original mods do all come from here.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil

Some of my mods has also been uploaded on other sites, even though the permissions on my mods say that this is not allowed. I wish there was something I could do about it. The only thing I can do is sit there and watch as they profit and take credit for my work, it's just painful to see. Only way to prevent it is to not publish mods at all.

Schaken-Mods is one of the sites that has stolen my work.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, mkh97 said:

Oh yes, they scrape a lot of websites. I find that Nexus is generally quite good at stopping this, although I believe that once it happened, it cannot be undone, only future scraping prevented. I posted some of my mods on another popular modding website, and they got scraped within a day... Things aren't as bad here on Nexus.

This is why I am interested to know the stance on translations specifically. That Russian website has links back to Nexus, lists the original authors, etc., and it isn't the same as scraping - someone had to do the translation work. Even with the help of machine translation, it's still a lot of work - they have A LOT of Nexus mods there. However, it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth that they didn't contact anyone beforehand.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2024 at 2:10 PM, mkh97 said:

I just visited that site and got a face full of malvertising, that is actually a new issue.

Their domain host is godaddy, have fun reporting them.😃

Edited by kinkock

3 hours ago, kinkock said:

I just visited that site and got a face full of malvertising, that is actually a new issue.

Can't say I'm surprised. There are actually some people who have paid for a subscription on that site: Do Not Support Schaken-Mods - Steam Community. Unbelievable.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:04 PM, LenaWolfBravil said:

Oh yes, they scrape a lot of websites. I find that Nexus is generally quite good at stopping this, although I believe that once it happened, it cannot be undone, only future scraping prevented. I posted some of my mods on another popular modding website, and they got scraped within a day... Things aren't as bad here on Nexus.

Yes, looks like some of your Nexus mods are on that site. 4 of my 5 Nexus mods are also there.

Since all the mods I've made so far requires other mods to work, my mods will be useless for people who download them from other sites if they don't also download the mods they require. I wonder if these scraping sites even think about things like that.