Vortex 1.10.6 purge loop

Nagev

Hey everyone,

We did pinpoint several issues with the 1.10.6 update which would incorrectly highlight mods as redundant when manual file overrides (individual mod file rules) were detected. We're going to release 1.10.7 this morning to fix that and the purge event happening during deployment when there are no modType conflicts present. This was caused by our file override redundancy check not functioning correctly, which could then remove the manual file overrides in some cases, or not at all when required to do so.

Please note that in the case of an actual modType conflict - the purge event unfortunately _has_ to run before deployment to ensure that the correct files are deployed.

Our thanks to the users who helped us track this issue, and deepest regret for any lost individual mod file rules as a result of the 1.10.6 update.

Can everyone affected by the above issues please confirm that they are now able to change file overrides without the purge functionality kicking off (or the redundant mods notification).

Thanks and regards,

Nagev

---

Full changelog:

• Fixed redundant mods notification raised incorrectly
  • Fixed redundant file override test removing entries incorrectly (or not removing them at all)
  • Fixed manually created file overrides not saved upon restart
  • Fixed purge event executed needlessly when no mod type conflicts are detected

Personally, I've been aware of the mod type conflict issue for years but had found methods to work around it, so didn't have any of these update complications and wanted to say that its great to see the effort spent to finally correct it.

Edited by vortexposer
  • Like 2

I never experienced that before instead and with previous version I set dozens if not hundreds of single file priorities in the conflicts (all lost) without any issues.

Anyway glad if I was useful in detecting or confirming the issue at least. thanks for all the work

Edited by Tenz81
  • Like 2

Yeah, I don't really use rule overrides often as it gets quite messy to manage but that issue sounds more like it was an unforeseen outcome to the mod type conflict fix - which most users wouldn't have been aware of as its failure wasn't obvious and happened behind the scenes when deploying (creating false external changes) and made it difficult to maintain mod folder integrity.

Edited by vortexposer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so for me the purge loop is fixed but now it says it doesnt have auth to access some files and loops the auth buttons ive tried reinstalling the mod it has a porblem with (which was fine before 1.10.6) and nothing it still does it 

4 minutes ago, WolfAzrael said:

so for me the purge loop is fixed but now it says it doesnt have auth to access some files and loops the auth buttons ive tried reinstalling the mod it has a porblem with (which was fine before 1.10.6) and nothing it still does it 

There may be some hanging file handles - can you try to restart your machine and see if that sorts it?

Please note that if you're using OneDrive or other cloud software syncing your data - those will block Vortex from running its file operations during synchronization - please disable cloud sync when modding your game.